I Love My Cockapoo Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all :)
We picked up our cockapoo puppy recently and wondered whether you had any top tips for crate training and what worked best for you to help them sleep through the night?

·
Registered
4,006 Posts
Crate in your bedroom right next to your bed or you sleeping downstairs with them until they are happy in the crate. Once they are clean overnight and settled you can start to move the crate to where you want it full time

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Crate in your bedroom right next to your bed or you sleeping downstairs with them until they are happy in the crate. Once they are clean overnight and settled you can start to move the crate to where you want it full time
Thank you!

·
Registered
10 Posts
Agree. This worked for me. Puppy howled hideously when we left him downstairs. But as soon as he could be near me, by my bed, he settled right down. When I heard him whimper, I took him to his paper then right back to bed. After a time, I left his crate open and he took himself to the bathroom. He learned this in only two weeks or so.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Crate training was the best thing we ever did with our cockapoo!!! Spend 5 nights on the sofa, as didnt want him in our bedroom. And every night moved it further away until he was out of sight. Now buit him a lockable bed under the stairs and he loves it!!!!!
7 o'clock at night he stands there looking at it untill we let him in. Happy to stay in there all night. We made it his space, and his space only, we dont let the kids play in there ect.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts