I Love My Cockapoo Forums banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi , apologies in advance for this long post but I truly need some advice on a number of things as being totally new to Cockerpoos, we have recently got a Cockerpoo ‘Molly’ and would truly value some advice, she is 10 weeks old tomorrow and absolutely beautiful, her crate is in the lounge where she happily goes to at night around 10.30 - 11 ish, we try to keep her up til this time to see if she’ll wake later in the morning, it’s normally about 6ish, but she doesn’t use her crate in the day as we’re normally in the kitchen where she also prefers to be , should we also move her crate to the kitchen? We put her outside immediately upon ger waking to go to toilet and then bring her back in where she’ll promptly come up on the settee and go straight to sleep. Are we making a mistake here by not putting her back in her crate? , we did try this but she cried so we got her out again and put her next to one of us on the couch.

Also not sure how to go about separation training with her with the crate and any help would be gratefully received as we don’t want to do the wrong thing.

Again: many apologies for so many questions but really need some expert advice

Jan

·
Registered
4,427 Posts
Ok - sounds pretty good but assuming you will want her to go in the crate when you are leaving her it would be best if you can move the crate into the kitchen during the day and encourage her to rest in there and then start to get her used to the door being closed just for a few seconds initially and building up so you are able to leave her just for a minute or two and build from there.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts