I Love My Cockapoo Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Finn will be in a crate when we are away from home. What size should we get? I've only always had large purebred dogs (labs, springers, german shepards). I am new to this whole small(er) dog ownership! ;) We were thinking a 36 inch crate but I'm thinking that will be way too big. Would a 30 inch be better? We are hoping at all costs to not have to purchase another wire crate in the future. The breeder said that he would get anywhere from 16-22 pounds but because he was 1 of 9 they are guessimating he could be on the smaller side. Any thoughts?

thanks so much!
Ginger

·
Administrator
5,020 Posts
you can get crates that come with a devider to you can ceep the pup in a smaller section of the crate, till he gets bigger.

·
Administrator
487 Posts
you can get crates that come with a devider to you can ceep the pup in a smaller section of the crate, till he gets bigger.
Yes, that's what we did. Of course, Benny hardly made it past the divider stage. He hated the crate so much. He was done with it fairly quickly. :eek:

·
Administrator
5,020 Posts
just confirmed with my mum thaty out first crate for Gypy was a 30 or 36. then we got a larger one for the two of them, then when mum had her heart set on a 3rd we baught a larger one from our friens whos doberman didnt need it any more. all three fit in it comfertably, as you can see from the xmas photos.
this is the size and weight of our girls.
Gypsy(3y) 17 inches 9.38kg
Inca(3y) just short of 19 inches 12kg
Echo(13/14 months) 18 inches 11.9 kg

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
thanks for the replies. I got one that is 24" and is good for dogs up to 30 pounds. I got him other things as well....lots of play toys, a freeze bone, a little sweater (for our freezing cold winters), dishes, leash and collar, some food, treats and I think that's it....for now! :D

·
Registered
36 Posts
Crates

I have given up with my crate training......... Brodie just hates it... been out today and bought him a new small bed............He has slept in it all day:D:D
Have put crate out of sight for now may be try another time:)

1 - 6 of 6 Posts