I Love My Cockapoo Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
192 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hi All,
I'm a relatively new to the forum and yet to get my first dog. Doing lots of research and find this website very helpful. I read a piece in the Sunday Telegraphy this morning about cross breeders. Has anyone else read the article, if yes what are your thoughts?

Finally finished the perfect puppy by gwen bailey - what a helpful book.

Thanks

·
Registered
2,132 Posts
Hi Tosh,

I didn't read it - what did it say?

You must be a quick reader having read Gwen's book already - are you a book worm? :p

Having read the book what are your thoughts about getting a puppy?

·
Registered
192 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hi Tosh,

I didn't read it - what did it say?

You must be a quick reader having read Gwen's book already - are you a book worm? :p

Having read the book what are your thoughts about getting a puppy?
Well I've being waiting ages for the book to arrive so I spend three full days devouring it...marking it up for future reference and now Pete has to read the two books.

Actually he was out for a walk just now and he said he saw a group of people asking a lady about her two dogs - and she said they were cockapoos...I didn't go out (such a shame as it's a lovely day) - friends coming over shortly and I was getting things ready.

The article is about 'new battle over dog inbreeding - there is a BBC documentary tomorrow night as a follow up to one made in 2008 - pedigree dogs exposed - three years on. I never saw the first one so I can't comment.

I guessing cross breed and inbreeding are obviously two very different things - but I just wondered what others thought. I was under the impression if you cross breed then you're hoping to get the best of both breeds. I was trying to find a link on line but can't at the moment.

Well we are still looking to get a dog - so not put off by all that i'm reading! ..when is saffi arriving?
PS: yes I enjoy reading...although lately I always find myself on this site LOL

·
Registered
2,132 Posts
Ooooo, I'd be interested in seeing the programme tonight. I'll have a look to see what time it starts now.

Glad to hear the book hasn't put you off - she really does cover every (negative) eventuality.

Saffi arrives on Tuesday. Just two more sleeps!!! :D

·
Registered
2,590 Posts
Still looking and researching. We going to the meet end of march so that will help I. Our decision making I hope!
That's great :) Hope you enjoy the meet, they're good fun :) & cockapoos are brilliant to watch when they play! Do you know what type of cockapoo you prefer yet? Or would you rather meet some before you decide?

·
Registered
192 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Hi Laura I understand there is different types of coats. Think the meet will give us a better idea of size colours and coats. I'm trying to keep a open mind and still looking at all options.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.