I Love My Cockapoo Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Remi has had these crusty, brown-ish "bumps" appear, get bigger and then dry and flake off two different times now. They are about his head and neck area. Does anyone have any knowledge on what they could be? I have had dogs all my life and have never seen this before. It's almost as if it oozes and dries and they get bigger and then crust off. He doesn't itch them and when I touch them, he knows they are there and just lets me know not to pick at them, but doesn't act like they hurt. One possibility I thought was maybe while wrestling with his Boxer brother or Poo sister, maybe they pinch him with their teeth and it irritates his skin? I will have him to the vet to have it checked out soon. I know it's nothing contagious as none of my other four ever have this.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Annie,

The other day, while looking for information regarding the underlying cause of a health issue a friend's Golden Retriever recently developed, I discovered the following webpage. It contains helpful information regarding the issue you mentioned, as well as the causes, and common treatment of it and others. When I saw your question, this page instantly came to mind; hope it helps.

Kate

http://www.peteducation.com/article.cfm?c=2+1593&aid=422

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I had Remi to the vet today and it is Pyoderma. Hot spots from who knows what, but whenever they would fall off, I guess the bacteria was still present in the skin even though it wasn't visible. So, he cleaned them up and gave us antibiotics to clear the infection.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.