I Love My Cockapoo Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everyone!
My eleven week old puppy - Dave - has a tail that curves up and over his back.
is this a cockapoo trait?
His mother supposedly Is a cockapoo- white and red - with a flat coat no curly tail
His father is an apricot poodle no curly tail- He is black and white with a tail curving over his back.
Are you a Cockapoos have tails like this?

·
Registered
31 Posts
Hi Janina, Many Cockapoo have curled tails that comes from the poodle genes. Even when his father does not have a curly tail, he could be carrying the gene for it :) No need to worry

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hi Janina, Many Cockapoo have curled tails that comes from the poodle genes. Even when his father does not have a curly tail, he could be carrying the gene for it :) No need to worry
Thank you so very very much
My next question is how long does the teething last - sharp teeth wanting to chew on everything especially me!
I have many teething toys I put in the freezer for him along with a Myriad of other toys
He is awesome- So very smart !
Thank you again for your help

·
Registered
31 Posts
Oh teething varies and does come back at around 8 months again. There are different methods to go about this. The first one is that you yelp and distance yourself every time he tries to chew on you.
Personally, I have not found this working for me. I put a toy in his mouth as soon as he gets too bitey.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Oh teething varies and does come back at around 8 months again. There are different methods to go about this. The first one is that you yelp and distance yourself every time he tries to chew on you.
Personally, I have not found this working for me. I put a toy in his mouth as soon as he gets too bitey.
Yes I quickly put a toy in his mouth- Sometimes just not quickly enough!
Thank you so much for your help you’re awesome

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
And yet another question!
He seems to have to pee often - Sometimes three times in a 20 minute period
He does drink and likes Ice cubes
I am hoping that it’s just said he has a small bladder still
He currently weighs 6 1/2 pounds
Looking forward to your response

1 - 6 of 6 Posts