I Love My Cockapoo Forums banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
3,615 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well, I had been holding off telling everyone where my puppy was coming from as I felt a bit awkward.

You probably remember Dizzy the 5 month puppy who was returned to Sylml. Well, like you all I fell in love with her and my lovely hubby said that because she was an older pup we could offer her a home. I rang Sylvia but someone had already called and she was rehomed that weekend. However, unfortunately for the 2nd owners things didn't work out and she was returned again. Poor Dizzy! However, I was lucky enough to have been the second person to have called Sylvia about Dizzy and when she was returned for the second time, Sylvia offered her to us! Thankfully she was happy to wait until after our Cornwall holiday and we are collecting her the day after we get back.

We are soooo excited and I am counting down the sleeps with the children! We have completely fallen in love with her and although I don't want to wish my well earned holiday away I will still be counting down to the 3rd!

We are changing her name to Daisy as my daughter is called Lizzie and we thought calling Lizzie and Dizzy might confuse everyone! We thought that Daisy was a lovely name and maybe Dizzy might just think we had a funny accent! ;) Sylvia is kindly calling her Daisy for us so that she starts to get used to her new name. :)

I think we have just about everything we need and more. We are determined to do everything we can to help her settle and we will be her final forever home. I have already booked training classes for her and I will be the proudest Cockapoo mummy on the first day I can take her out for a walk!

The reason I felt awkward was you all so wanted JoJo to have her and like the rest of you I thought she was rehomed and that was the end of it. I have been dying to tell you all! :D

I think she has lots of 'half' sisters on here and maybe Poppy is her sister Sylvia is going to find out for me if they were from the same litter! :D

Hoping the pictures work below;

Sarah
x

·
Registered
1,490 Posts
That is fantastic news! Poor Daisy having been shunted from pillar to post so much already, here's hoping she settles into her forever home with you and your family, asap. xxx

·
Registered
3,615 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thank you. I needed to tell JoJo before I announced it and she has been pestering me to tell you!

We are hoping she will settle happily, we have tried to think of everything we can do to help her and I may have to spend a few nights on the sofa but we will see. After her last couple of weeks we just want to give her lots of love and a nice new home. :D

·
Registered
148 Posts
Congratulations Sarah, I'm sure Daisy will find the perfect home with you and your family. It's great you have prepared so well beforehand and you sound like you love her so much already! :)

Enjoy your holiday and then have lots of fun with your new baby! :) xx

·
Registered
3,615 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 · (Edited)
Oh Sarah, that's such a lovely happy ending to a sorry tale. I'm thrilled for you :D
Thank you so much. I must admit I am completely bursting with excitement and happiness! :jumping: It is so nice to be sharing my news with everyone. :D We had a week to get everything we need and it is all set up ready for her when we get back form Cornwall. All we are missing now is Daisy! x

·
Registered
301 Posts
That's a fantastic story - I'm really pleased for you and Daisy. I am pretty sure she is Poppy's sister, and we love our girl to bits. Have a fab holiday. :)

·
Registered
1,707 Posts
Oh Sarah I am so happy that little Daisy has a great new Mum! I wanted JoJo to have her as knew that a pup having to be rehomed at her age would have had a great Mum as know what JoJo is like with her Cockapoos but having said that I am equally as pleased that you have got her especially as she has been returned twice!! I have said in a previous thread that our trainer said lots of pups get rehomed at 5 months because they have hit the terrible twos which is very unfair as they are just testing the boundaries and believe me we have had Beau test the boundaries a few times :) She is absolutely gorgeous and I love the name Daisy as that was our Cavvies name and if your Daisy is half as lovely as she was you will be one lucky Poo owner! Enjoy and don't feel guilty for rehoming a pup that needs a forever home :D p.s. Enjoy your holiday X

·
Registered
8,610 Posts
Fabulous news Sarah... now we can all see her progress instead of wondering what happened to her. So pleased she's got you she so deserves to join your family. Enjoy that holiday and when you come back enjoy your forever puppy x

·
Registered
1,363 Posts
omg omg I am so pleased, I originally saw her for resale on Sylvia's site and posted on here in the hope that someone from here got her. We went to Sylvia's the day after she was advertised on the site to visit George and Sylvia said she had gone, how sad (but good for you) that she came back:)

·
Registered
3,569 Posts
Brilliant news Sarah.
Do you know who the parents are? Millie came from Sylvia too, her parents are Zac and I think Rio (forgotten already :eek:)

Do you think you can bring both your lovely cockapoo's to the Verulam meet in St Albans?

·
Registered
606 Posts
Lovely news for Daisy !:congrats:
We all know that JoJo will one day have a cockapoo of every colour, so I'm sure she's just happy for you both ! ;)

·
Registered
1,578 Posts
I 'm glad that you have finally managed to tell everyone as I know it was hard for you to keep all that excitement in!! though you did tell all on our other forum so you have now had double the excitement of sharing your news :)

See and I told you JoJo would be fine about it too- bet you feel relieved now that you can put your long awaited avatar on :D

·
Registered
1,578 Posts
Brilliant news Sarah.
Do you know who the parents are? Millie came from Sylvia too, her parents are Zac and I think Rio (forgotten already :eek:)

Do you think you can bring both your lovely cockapoo's to the Verulam meet in St Albans?
Sarah has only got the one cockapoo- well at the moment anyway we all know how addictive they are :D

·
Registered
1,650 Posts
That's such a lovely story, congratulations on getting your lovely puppy. Daisy is beautiful and you sound just the right owner to provide her the loving permanent that home she deserves. :) x

1 - 20 of 27 Posts