I Love My Cockapoo Forums banner
1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
3,615 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well, tomorrow is the big day for my baby girl. She has been bathed and dematted, her food has been removed and tomorrow morning she goes in for her op. :(

I know this is silly but I am worried that she will be different and I hate the idea that she will have something taken away. Although she is a year old and had her first season she still seems quite young, I had this idea that by the first season I would feel she would be more mature and I would feel happy that this was the time. Instead she is like the naughty puppy she was about 7 months old before her first season although this might say more about my training than Daisy's maturity! :rolleyes: I wouldn't delay it any longer because of the health implications and because I have no plan to breed her but I guess her being my first dog I am surprised at how young she still seems. I can see why some breeders prefer to wait until a bitch is two years old before breeding as the thought of breeding Daisy even on the next season just wouldn't sit right. :(

I am sure once she is recovered form the operation she will be back to the same bonkers girl and my local vet is very good but I suppose we wouldn't be normal if we didn't worry about our fluffy munchkins.

Thank goodness I have an essay to write and a coffee with a friend to occupy me! In fact I have so many kids things on tomorrow (two school runs, a disco, a birthday party and swimming lessons) I am not sure I will have too much time to worry!

·
Registered
1,707 Posts
Daisy will be fine Sarah! I worried about Beau as had her done before her first season and still not sure if I did the right thing as she was so young but I don't think we feel there is ever a right time when it comes to something or someone we love! Big hugs and this time tomorrow it will all be over so you can get back to cuddling Delightful Daisy Doodle :) xxx

·
Registered
3,615 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 · (Edited)
Daisy will be fine Sarah! I worried about Beau as had her done before her first season and still not sure if I did the right thing as she was so young but I don't think we feel there is ever a right time when it comes to something or someone we love! Big hugs and this time tomorrow it will all be over so you can get back to cuddling Delightful Daisy Doodle :) xxx
You are right Ali, I think I would worry no matter what age! :)

Two done, one post- and one pre-season and both the same as before. She'll be fine Sarah, your problem will be trying to keep her calm 24hours after the op!

Ian
Thank you Ian, that is good to know. :) Yes, knowing her and how bonkers she is when she needs a good run around we could be in for an interesting weekend. :rolleyes: :)

·
Registered
1,231 Posts
Have you got a baby vest to put on her after the op? We had one for Lolly so she didn't have to wear the lampshade! It worked like a dream. It was loose enough that it let the air to the wound but she couldn't lick it or nibble at stitches. it was just funny having to run after her when she went out to the garden to unpop her before she did her wee!

·
Registered
1,578 Posts
Two done, one post- and one pre-season and both the same as before. She'll be fine Sarah, your problem will be trying to keep her calm 24hours after the op!

Ian
Yes I agree Ian that's the worse bit!!! they are all sleepy and then the next day Wham back into normal bouncy mode.:eek:

·
Registered
1,578 Posts
She will be fine Sarah, but only natural for you to worry. We have all been there and it is an anxious time- but once you get her home with you,you start to relax.:)

As already mentioned it's trying to keep them from jumping up and being bouncy is the hardest.

Big hugs xx

·
Registered
2,006 Posts
Good luck Daisy ,if your anything like Buddy you will be back to your normal self the following day :eek:
Buddys been pretty good really he's copying with a quick walk up the lane on the lead two or three times a day (10-15 mins each) and he's wearing his cone all the time (he wont stop trying to lick his bits!)

Not sure how it works with girls but Buddys jumping around all over the place if he gets to wild i pop him in the crate to carm him down so he dosnt hurt himself.I hate not being able to take him for an off lead walk and i must say im with him all the time keeping an eye on him so he dosnt try to lick his wound ,the vest sounds like a great idea.x

·
Registered
3,615 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 · (Edited)
Thank you for all your kind wishes. I know it is a routine op but we do like to worry about our Cockapoos don't we!

Glad to hear Buddy is doing well despite the licking issues! Daisy will miss her lovely runs but it is only temporary, hoping she isnt too naughty in the meantime or else I won't have any Thomas the tank engine track left!

·
Registered
573 Posts
As said before Daisy will be fine - but oh my goodness I am in a tizz now about Treacle and she has her spay on Tuesday so I know how you feel.
Please let us know how she is when you get chance in your busy day!
I am hunting for a baby-gro for Treacle [pink of course!]

1 - 20 of 31 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.