I Love My Cockapoo Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

· Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello! Obviously I am new here so allow me to introduce myself.

I am Hannah! My fiance, Peter, and I just recently purchased a cockapoo that we named Daisy. She just had the Daisy look to her and actually it must have been meant to be because we purchased a collar that the breeder put on for us. It was just a plain black collar. But about an hour or 2 later when we put the leash on her, we realized there was a small daisy charm. It was completely not on purpose. So the name stuck quickly.

Daisy is a very playful pup. Probably the quietest dog I've ever met. She brings joy and happiness to our lives each and every day. A few years back Peter and I experienced a very great loss together (not of a pet), and we thought that the hole in our hearts would never go away... But now that Daisy is here with us, we can finally feel a major difference in our home. There is less stress, more activity, and we are more active than ever. Of course there are the struggles we all face each and every day when having a puppy; housebreaking, biting, those silly things.

We are lucky in the fact that Daisy doesn't chew on things that aren't hers, only our fingers and feet! But we are working on that. She's a puppy and I accept that. She's excellent in the car, great on a leash, and learned so much already. She rolls over (sort of), shakes, sits pretty, sits, lays down, dances, and does this cute little thing that I call fighting when she swats at us to play.
She sleeps through the night without having to even take her out (until 6:30 in the morning) and wakes us up with a kiss each day.
She's the little kick in the butt we needed to get out and get active. She's our little angel and we love her unconditionally. I'm excited to be part of this group as I have so many questions that people here may be able to answer. I look forward to being here :)

· Registered
4,586 Posts
Hi and welcome to the forum. Daisy sounds a lovely pup. She sounds a very well behaved little lady!
It is nice that she is helping to fill a small part of the gap you have had in your lives since your loss, I am sorry to hear you both had such a sad time.
Cockapoos are great at really becoming part of the family in such a short time, once you get one there is no looking back............cockapoo madness follows, there is no escaping it :D

· Registered
2,590 Posts
Hi & welcome to the forum! You'll love it :) Lots of cockapoo crazy people ;)
We'd all love to see a picture of Daisy when you get round to it :D
She sounds very clever to be able to do all those tricks already!
Look forward to hearing more from you :) x

· Registered
515 Posts
Its amazing how animals can help us heal.

Sorry for your loss. Daisy sounds just what your home needed to keep you busy and give you cuddles.

Looking forward to seeing pics.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.