I Love My Cockapoo Forums banner
1 - 20 of 55 Posts

·
Registered
1,269 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hattie's potential brother has been born last Sat 28 April! One of two boys in litter of five it is decision time! I can wait for another litter later in the year but I really don't want a pup in the autumn too many wet times in the garden waiting for a potty result! Will be going to see him next weekend will let you know!

·
Registered
1,269 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Meet Harry Hattie's new potential housemate!

Monday afternoon is decision time! Eric may now well be Harry as he is not really an Eric!

Vertebrate Dog Mammal Dog breed Canidae

Mammal Vertebrate Dog breed Canidae Dog

He is the big red boy in the middle! Showed him to Hattie she was not interested hey just a bit of life's rich pathway she will adapt! She does not get it all her own way!( I think)

·
Registered
1,269 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Harry it is think it is probably a done deal just wish the weather was just a bit more summer like! I wake up in the middle of the night and think what am I doing as Hattie sleeps through the night but if I don't do it now I know I won't do it in the winter! Anyway you only pass this way once so I guess I should just go for it!

·
Registered
156 Posts
That's the attitude :) please don't blame us when you go through the toileting and sleepless nights again lol!! As said before I think now is the best time and I am sure when you get him the sun will be back ;-) x

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,269 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
That's the attitude :) please don't blame us when you go through the toileting and sleepless nights again lol!! As said before I think now is the best time and I am sure when you get him the sun will be back ;-) x

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk[/QUOTE

Can I quote you on that! I long to be able to leave the back door open all day but I guess that may be wishful thinking. Still if we wait for everything to be perfect we will never do anything!

·
Registered
2,870 Posts
Great decision Sue as Harry looks too good to pass up! We're hoping our next pup will be born next month and I have the same nerves as you as Biscuit has been such a good puppy, especially at night. However, I agree, life's too short to dwell on such worries and everyone else seems to be loving having two!

·
Registered
1,269 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Great decision Sue as Harry looks too good to pass up! We're hoping our next pup will be born next month and I have the same nerves as you as Biscuit has been such a good puppy, especially at night. However, I agree, life's too short to dwell on such worries and everyone else seems to be loving having two!
Having had two dogs before I think it is a good choice. If you need to leave them they have each other so they do not become too attached to you and can cope with a change of surroundings. However I may feel differently getting up in the middle of the night for two months!

·
Registered
2,870 Posts
Yes, I agree that it feels easier to leave two - although I don't find it do it that often. I'm hoping that my 'close the door at 11pm and not go back until 7am, with puppy pad in the crate' policy will work next time too as I hate sleepless nights! However, I might be proved wrong! It will be worth it in the end though.

·
Registered
1,269 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Yes, I agree that it feels easier to leave two - although I don't find it do it that often. I'm hoping that my 'close the door at 11pm and not go back until 7am, with puppy pad in the crate' policy will work next time too as I hate sleepless nights! However, I might be proved wrong! It will be worth it in the end though.

Not sure how my nights will go, Hattie sleeps on my bed and does not need a toilet break between 9pm and 7am! Harry will be in crate beside the bed and will probably get a break in the middle of the night eventually he will probably also sleep on the bed ( I may just move into the spare room!) Just have to do one day at a time there is nothing a good steam clean cannot resolve!

1 - 20 of 55 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.