I Love My Cockapoo Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
We drove 6 hours round trip to get Dexter yesterday and he is a remarkably adorable puppy. Ok, so I guess everyone thinks their puppy is the cutest. He slept in his crate in our room and I took him out to potty twice. Otherwise he would calm down when I stuck my fingers in the cage. He has had a few pee pee accidents but we are trying to get him out at the appropriate times. One question I had. His breeder said she only fed him twice a day but I have only read that they need to be fed 3 times a day at 7 weeks. I fed him twice today and am feeding him dinner in a bit. He seems less fussy with that. Anyway, all seems to be going well. Less anxious then I was before.

·
Administrator
5,020 Posts
aww you need to post photos.

sounds like he is doing well, as for the food if you want to feed him 3 times a day simply split his 2 meals into 3, my echo dropped herself to 1 meal very young, she just refused to eat during the day and would only eat at night with the other two.

·
Administrator
487 Posts
Benny started off at three meals, but fairly quickly went down to two. I think it depends more on the dog than anything. If he's willing to eat three times a day, you can feed him. If not, cut back one of his meals.

As kendal said, we need pictures. :D

·
Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I want to add pictures and I can to the gallery just not here. I don't know the url for the pictures.

·
Administrator
5,020 Posts
click on the photo it will give you two linck underneeth it, use the IMG one just coppie the whole thing and past it in your post.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Dexter is a cutie!

I fed Jack three times a day, but found that he wouldn't eat his lunchtime food. So now I feed him when we get up and then right before we eat dinner.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts