I Love My Cockapoo Forums banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm probably being a right idiot but what's the difference between spoodles and Cockapoo's? :confused:

IMG_00001399.jpg - isn't herbs gorgeous he's feeling down because nutty keeps stealing his toys ;)

·
Registered
552 Posts
As far as I am led to believe, cockapoos are cocker spaniel cross poodle and spoodle are springer spaniel cross poodle.

That could be totally wrong though!

·
Registered
6,314 Posts
Think over here it tends to be springer crosses that get called spoodles, think in Australia they are the cockers, guess its just a generic term for spaniel cross. Although funnily enough you don't get many springer crosses (I know one crossed with a standard and its huge!), tends to be cockapoo's, labradoodles, goldendoodles are getting more popular and quite a few cavapoo's.

·
Registered
11,625 Posts
I was just thinking of a time I said a word in here that means one thing for us and something TOTALLY different for you guys ;)
Yes! I remember this one specifically...

You call this a fanny-pack, but we call it a bum-bag!!! :D So weird!

·
Registered
11,625 Posts
Give me an example of sophisticated? I can't see how our language is more sophisticated? There's so much slang around these days, mainly I cringe when I hear people (especially teens) speak. :eek:

·
Registered
9,291 Posts
Not long after I joined ILMC I did a thread on this and named several differences in termonology . . . I LOVE the lovely differences and have noticed the language across the pond is very sophistocated and sounds nicer most of the time.
As sophisticated as i am....... Then you've obviously not heard me after a few gins / wines, and that pesky dreaded syndrome called Tourette's kicks in!! :eek::D xx

·
Registered
7,559 Posts
Here yard work would be things like mowing/watering the lawn, pruning shrubs and maintainence type stuff. Gardening would be planting real flowers, tending vegetable beds etc...so when you say the dog is in the garden it conjures up visions of Sackville-Westesque gardens.:)

·
Registered
9,291 Posts
To me, a yard is just a small paved area, usually referred to if it is a rear outside area of a terraced house, or of a paved or hard standing ground..... Like a stable yard.

1 - 20 of 28 Posts