I Love My Cockapoo Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
HI first time dog owner to be. I keep seeing two types of coats. The smooth "open face" where you can see the face, short hair around face and looks more like a spaniel. And the teddy bear "bearded face". I LOVE the teddy bear puppies, but seems they change so much as adults. Almost like they would need A LOT of grooming. What do you prefer/have? When they drink water, does it go everywhere, is the chin always wet? Or if you chose a smoothie - why do you prefer that coat? Thanks! Just trying to narrow down. I'm confused! I just know I don't want a curly coat. Either way a straight or wavy will be it. If you have puppy and adult pics of your cockapoos I'd love to see how their coats transfer to adulthood.

Registered
Wavy!

My cockapoo is wavy however my friends cockapoo is the complete opposite! He has real curls! He has to be groomed more often and harder to brush yourself. My cockapoo loves being brushed and goes through lovely with a brush! He also looks like a teddy bear and is adorable! 馃槏

Registered
Discussion Starter #4
Adorable! Seems yours is the bearded, teddy bear type? Yeah seems like I just keep getting attracted to the straight or loose wave fleecy coats. I don't like tight curls.

Registered
Initially I chose my puppy for her smooth coat, but also when we went to see her she had a sweet and gentle personality.

she has some curles coming but I鈥檓 hoping I can brush her at home without help from a dog groomer.

I don鈥檛 know if she will be non shedding, but I鈥檓 not worried if she isn鈥檛.

I think if your not sure, just choose the puppy you are drawn to and you will love it. It鈥檚 exciting waiting to see what they will look like as an adult.

Attachments

Registered
I prefer the more straight/wavy coat rather than really curly. But everyone is different. You will know what you like when you first lay eyes on the puppy. This is a picture of Maisie when we got her at 8 weeks and her now, 2 months later ?
Maisie is so cute

1 - 7 of 7 Posts