I Love My Cockapoo Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
273 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all

When I go check out the Cockerpoo pups and the owner tells be that the father is clear of PRA and has had the Optigen test, will I be shown proof of this and how will I know if it is legit? Do dodgy breeders lie about this?
Also if dad is a stud and lives further away and the breeder tells me he has been tested but do not have any docs to show me, do I believe him?
:confused: xxx

·
Registered
3,044 Posts
I took the breeder's word for it. My instinct told me she was trustworthy. Dexter came from a home breeder so I didn't see his father either- I was just told he was a white toy poodle (called Snowy!). But I would not have considered getting him if I hadn't seen his mum.

·
Registered
8,610 Posts
I think the Kennel Club holds records but you would have to know his full name to check but surely there is nothing wrong with asking for it emailing or a copy posting x

·
Registered
8,257 Posts
Some breeders will show you an Optigen Certificate ... most probably you won't get a copy but that is fine as long as you see it or you can trust them ....

I think when using a stud the bitches owner will be handed a copy of all this info.

·
Registered
273 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks for the advise...I will ask to see proof.

Is there any other tips when looking at a potential pup??? :)

·
Registered
273 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I think I am at panic stage lol.....but by wed nite I hope to be on cloud 9 and ready to prepare for my little girl. Fingers crossed!:whoo::whoo::whoo:

1 - 7 of 7 Posts