I Love My Cockapoo Forums banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
192 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Mitzi seems to finish her meals in record time. I swear it was under a minute this supper time. Do all poos eat this fast? She is putting on weight so am I worrying unnecessarily?

·
Registered
3,015 Posts
Mine are now fed on NI raw, and the portions are quite small but it is literally all gone within about 5 seconds...When Betty was on kibble , she would not come up for air whilst eating so that was gone in 60 seconds too...I dont think we should knock it though...a lot of our fellow forum friends have trouble getting their poos to eat at all!!

·
Registered
4,568 Posts
Lucky you! It's nice to hear of a poo with an appetite and there are ALOT of fussy eaters out there.
Weller used to be a pig as a small puppy, then he went and got all weight conscious and fussy as a teenager ;) and now he is a good sensible eater.

·
Registered
368 Posts
Gisgo used to inhale his and I was quite worried about it and almost bought one of the special bowls. Nowadays he is the opposite and really takes his time. I preferred it when he inhaled it quickly (with hindsight). So perhaps you could just wait and see before spending too much money. I did hear that putting a lemon (I think) into the bowl with the kibble slowed them down?

·
Registered
739 Posts

·
Registered
192 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
sorry everyone...didn't mean to depress those of you with fussy poos. I shouldn't glow because my poo is a happy eater...she may change as time goes on! LOL What a great idea Katie about the bowl. I might try it

·
Registered
3,569 Posts
Millie's a slow eater. I knew she was a fussy eater, but didn't know she was slow until Lolly came to stay. They both ate kibble one meal time, Lolly's was gone fairly quickly and Millie was still plodding through hers. :)

She's ignored all her food today :( I guess she's just not hungry

·
Registered
147 Posts
Millie's a slow eater. I knew she was a fussy eater, but didn't know she was slow until Lolly came to stay. They both ate kibble one meal time, Lolly's was gone fairly quickly and Millie was still plodding through hers. :)

She's ignored all her food today :( I guess she's just not hungry
Ted is also slow fussy eater - some days he shows a bit more interest, but it he's tired after a long walk, or he's too hot; he won't eat. I generally let him have a doze, or cool down then he'll eat.

But he's so fussy, takes very little to put him off his food...wish he was a greedy boy!!

·
Registered
46 Posts
Hi, the bowl was from a local pet shop, I don't think it was mega expensive and at the time we needed a bigger one as the puppy one wasn't big enough. I'll try and find a picture.

Daisy's now 9 months and eats more sedately, so maybe it's a puppy thing?
Jox

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.