I Love My Cockapoo Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am looking to purchase a Cockapoo as I have fell in love with the breed, my worry is shedding. Through my research I have read conflicting information and I was hoping for your input and experience with this breed. Do you have a Cockapoo that sheds a lot or little?

Thank you for your help in advance!

·
Registered
131 Posts
I am looking to purchase a Cockapoo as I have fell in love with the breed, my worry is shedding. Through my research I have read conflicting information and I was hoping for your input and experience with this breed. Do you have a Cockapoo that sheds a lot or little?

Hi, cockapoos vary such a lot in coat type and shedding and it’s hard to predict which pups will shed or not. Our dog is quite curly and sheds just a tiny amount, usually just noticed by a very fine, almost dusty, layer of hair on surfaces like floors. I never notice hairs on our clothes or anything like that. Good breeders may be able to give you a best guess on coat type and shedding, but it won’t be a guarantee. Hope this helps.

·
Registered
3 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
I have an almost white Cockapoo who does not shed. When I groom her very fine hairs get stuck in the brush or comb but there’s nothing on our floors nor on my (frequently worn) black clothes. They are a fabulous breed. My prior dog was an English cocker, adorable but oh my the hairs!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts