I Love My Cockapoo Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1,578 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
... enjoy watching their dogs eat?

I just love it when they have their food as they have dry kibble with a big dollop of pro-biotic yoghurt on it and Monty always stops eating half way through and looks up with all yoghurt over his face. So cute!!

I love to see them enjoying food :)

I also love watching Milly eat carrots- love the way she holds them in her paws and munches away....

·
Registered
1,232 Posts
I don't really get to see Lolly eat as we're still putting her bowl at the back of her crate to encourage her to love her crate a bit more :rolleyes: But what I love is the moment after we have put her bowl down - having made her sit and wait which she does beautifully :D - when we finally give her the OK command and she literally bounds towards her bowl! It makes me smile everytime :D

·
Registered
2,185 Posts
Flo's NI is gone in a flash so not much to see there but I do enjoy watching her tuck into a raw bone, chicken wing or lamb rib, it just looks so right and seeing those strong jaws crunch through bone is awesome when she later controls all that power to gently mouth when playing :D

·
Administrator
5,020 Posts
lol as my girls get their food frozen i get to watch them throughly enjoy getting to grips with it, either a block of meat, a big bone or a nice wing.

·
Registered
2,185 Posts
lol as my girls get their food frozen i get to watch them throughly enjoy getting to grips with it, either a block of meat, a big bone or a nice wing.
Do you feed all their food frozen Kendal? I hadn't thought to give Flo her NI frozen and always dutifully defrost it in the fridge every night

·
Administrator
5,020 Posts
Do you feed all their food frozen Kendal? I hadn't thought to give Flo her NI frozen and always dutifully defrost it in the fridge every night
i started by accident, forgot to defrost it, so wat trying to defrost it in the microwave without cooking it. ended up giving up once i was able to bake it into bits with a knife and fork. i had never seen Gypsy eat so Enthusiasticly so i went back to normal and Gypsy just looked at me picked at her food then walked off, so i grabbed another bag out the freezes and partly defrosted it till i could brake it into chunks with the knife and fork again, called her back and she ate, no questions asked. so i thaught il see if she will eat a wing if its frozen as i was having to strip the meat off the more before she would touch the bone. again she took it from me.

so with the others i need to slow therm down so gypsy can eat in pease so they get their 300g in a block and she gets hers broken into atleast 3 blocks.

i just stick all 4 bags in the microwave for between 2 1/2 - 3 mins but is im doing just one is do its in seconds till im happy i can brake it up.

at the time i also descoverd that the local rep for the company i was ordering from also just took her dogs food out of the freezer and lobbed it in the garden for them. they all just took it off to their own we place in the garden.

so i have never looked back, Delta got her bones and wings frozen from day one but her meet was defrosted untill she was about 4 or 5 months i think as it was easiers to split her meals that way.

·
Registered
2,185 Posts
i started by accident, forgot to defrost it, so wat trying to defrost it in the microwave without cooking it. ended up giving up once i was able to bake it into bits with a knife and fork. i had never seen Gypsy eat so Enthusiasticly so i went back to normal and Gypsy just looked at me picked at her food then walked off, so i grabbed another bag out the freezes and partly defrosted it till i could brake it into chunks with the knife and fork again, called her back and she ate, no questions asked. so i thaught il see if she will eat a wing if its frozen as i was having to strip the meat off the more before she would touch the bone. again she took it from me.

so with the others i need to slow therm down so gypsy can eat in pease so they get their 300g in a block and she gets hers broken into atleast 3 blocks.

i just stick all 4 bags in the microwave for between 2 1/2 - 3 mins but is im doing just one is do its in seconds till im happy i can brake it up.

at the time i also descoverd that the local rep for the company i was ordering from also just took her dogs food out of the freezer and lobbed it in the garden for them. they all just took it off to their own we place in the garden.

so i have never looked back, Delta got her bones and wings frozen from day one but her meet was defrosted untill she was about 4 or 5 months i think as it was easiers to split her meals that way.
Interesting will try Flo with frozen NI this evening as it would be good to slow her down a bit. It's usually gone in about 3 seconds...

·
Registered
1,578 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Well you know what Monty is like!! I have to hold onto his wing otherwise it will be gulped down in one go.

Milly is good though she eats hers well- must take after her half sisters eh ;)

·
Registered
89 Posts
Love watching Maisie eat carrots too, her little mouth chomps away! She is not good at eating her dry royal canin though. Have to keep coaxing her back to it and she still doesn't eat it. Going to find out more about NI at the Northern meet on 14th Aug as i'm tempted to make the switch! x

·
Registered
1,578 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Love watching Maisie eat carrots too, her little mouth chomps away! She is not good at eating her dry royal canin though. Have to keep coaxing her back to it and she still doesn't eat it. Going to find out more about NI at the Northern meet on 14th Aug as i'm tempted to make the switch! x
I'm not a fan or RC to be honest- think there are better foods out there as does your Maisie by the sounds of it.

Good luck if you do switch and hope she likes it :)

1 - 10 of 10 Posts