I Love My Cockapoo Forums banner
1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, I'm just curious whether Enzo should be laying with his back legs out (if that makes sense) He is now 14 months and with other breeds it is normally a puppy thing. Ever since we can remember he has done this. Is this a poo thing and do yours do it too? :)

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
We thought he would grow out of it but he hasn't :/ My sisters Cockapoo also use to do it not sure if she still does though. Hopefully it doesn't hurt his hips etc in future :)

Thanks for the reply :D

·
Registered
6,371 Posts
Molly is 8 months and still does it. When we wait for the elevator she does it all the time it makes me laugh cause she looks so long:D

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I think it looks cute but we don't want it to hurt him when he is older but we can't do anything to stop him doing it :/ If that's how he wants to lay then he must be comfortable :D

·
Registered
1,707 Posts
yep ginger lays that way all the time .and it looks so funny. but she has all ways done it ,and i guess she all ways will .that is my little frog

·
Registered
6,371 Posts
Maybe smaller dogs are more flexible than bigger dogs. Molly is my first small dog. I had a Lab and a Golden years ago but they only did it when they were very small puppies then they didn't. Maybe it's small dog yoga:D I don't think it can damage them in any way I think maybe they are just more flexible!

·
Registered
792 Posts
It's called 'lying spatchcock' here in the uk. Both spaniels and poodles have a tendency do it along with quite a few other dogs. My old cocker used to lie like it all the time, lived until she was 17 and had no problem with her hips. I seem to remember being told that it was a sign of good hip formation. ( that doesn't mean dogs who don't do it don't have good hips!)

The classic 'poo lounging pose, both back legs splayed out, tummy exposed, is really very similar, just the other way up :D

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Thanks for all of your replies :D Enzo goes in for his boosters in the next couple of weeks so i'll double check although I don't doubt you :)

·
Registered
148 Posts
Yep Charlie does it too, I remember hearing something about spaniels, beagles etc being able to do it because they are gun dogs/hunting dogs and it helps them get down holes easier...don't know if that's true or not

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Seems like it must be a Cockapoo thing then :XD: It still amazes us how he can be comfortable though haha

·
Registered
2,531 Posts
Sami and Carley both do the frogleg position all the time, looks comical when they are side by side in that position.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts