I Love My Cockapoo Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
4,569 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi I have been reading a lot about B.A.R.F diet and N.I and thought it all made sense. So have been ticking it over in my head to give it a go. Bearing in mind Weller is on IAMS at the moment and has been since we bought him home, he has a good range of treats bones, bicuits etc, the usual.
We have had no problems what so ever on this diet, small, non smelly poo's only goes twice a day, always eats his food. Have always thought chicken bones were a bit iffy to feed to dogs but after having a read on here and other places I thought Weller would love a raw chicken wing........handed one over this afternoon and his reaction was one of complete disgust which is strange as he has had raw bones before from our butcher.
Do you think it could be too meaty for him? have decided to hold fire on B.A.R.f at moment think I would be wasting money!:confused: Any thoughts?

·
Administrator
5,020 Posts
lol some dogs are like that to start with, my lot love them frozen and Gypsy wone eat her meat any other way.

rather that diving strate into buying a masive order, go to the super market and try him on some mince, go to your butcher and se if they do any bones.

meat can sometimes be a very funny textur for a dog, you will often find they sit and lick it rather than chew it.

·
Registered
2,006 Posts
It's funny you say that ,i was looking after my cousin's cockapoo and thought after reading alot about BARF on here he would love a nice juicy bone from my local butcher.
He has never had one before so i thought wow he's gonna go crazy for this ,how wrong was i he was not interested at all????? i kept trying and trying ,i gave it him after a long walk thinking it would entertain him but he just didnt want it,never went near it all day.

·
Registered
1,758 Posts
It's funny you say that ,i was looking after my cousin's cockapoo and thought after reading alot about BARF on here he would love a nice juicy bone from my local butcher.
He has never had one before so i thought wow he's gonna go crazy for this ,how wrong was i he was not interested at all????? i kept trying and trying ,i gave it him after a long walk thinking it would entertain him but he just didnt want it,never went near it all day.
That does surprise me as bones are usually very special for dogs - they often bring out their wild instincts. Dylan is really funny with bones - he paces round and round the house whining with the bone in his mouth for ages sometimes.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts