I Love My Cockapoo Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everyone! First time posting but need some advice from fellow Cockapoo owners.

My pup Teddy is 7 months old, and I take him to our local park everyday.

I've tried introducing him to loads of dogs, but only a handful of them have been nice to him.

Usually he's growled at and recently he's been attacked for the third time. I've had to keep him on a retractable lead in fear of him being really badly hurt.

Does anyone else have this trouble with Cockapoos? I've read that sometimes it can be a breed issue.

Thanks!

·
Registered
108 Posts
It's not a Cockapoo problem, all the dogs in our area seem to get on well together these days but we did have a problem about 10 yrs ago when there was a fad for people buying Staffies but thankfully they are out of fashion now. nearly every other dog in our neighbourhood seems to be a cockapoo variety either a Cavapoo or labradoodle or anything crossed with a poodle.

·
Registered
2,742 Posts
My only advice would be to stay away from the dog park for the safety of your dog. Keeping him on the retractable lead will not stop another dog seriously hurting him.

·
Registered
4,043 Posts
What was Teddy doing before the growls and attacks? Does he run up to any other dogs he sees and bounce all over them? Have any of the other dogs been on lead and him off lead?

1 - 4 of 4 Posts