I Love My Cockapoo Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
363 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Its days like today when the rain is set in for the day that I briefly have moments of dog envy.

I'm walking back from the school run and see other dogs all of which seem to be avoiding puddles and looking decidedly drier than my scruff, but then I look down to see has the happiest look on his face that he is just loving being sopping wet and has just seen the biggest dirtiest puddle that he is going to run through, It then I remember why we all love the crazy boy so much!

·
Registered
2,590 Posts
I may have a story to make you feel better :) (about 6 months ago now)
We were out for a walk & bumped into a lady with a golden retriever (female but about twice the size of Izzie). Well we always try to stop Izzie going into the mucky beck on this walk, however she got playing with this retriever who just decided to go & run in before anything could be done!

Obviously Izzie followed straight away seen as they were playing together, mother wasn't best pleased because it meant Izzie has to be washed. BUT I couldn't help feeling sorry for the GR owner who had to bath something twice the size & also pale in colour & had a long coat!

Sometimes having small cockapoos is a good thing ;) Hope that makes you feel a little better :D x

·
Registered
363 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Laura you have a good point and it does make me feel a bit better although is that a bit mean to feel better at someone elses misery ha ha!! Arthur needs bathing at least once a week and has developed a fetish for swimming - even if its freezing/snowing/hailing, so he is usually up to the armpits in mud!! Also being a boy dog he spends his life peeing on stuff when hes out on a walk so he gets dry shampooed as well to get rid of 'the smell'! I have a feeling he will be getting a BIG trim when his proper coat comes through!! :D

·
Registered
2,590 Posts
Haha thanks :) & yeah it is a bit mean, but it's true, 'd much rather be bathing my Izzie than a huge muddy golden retriever! & i've heard that nealy all golden retrievers love mud & water, so there's no getting away from it ;)

Izzie likes to swim sometimes, but not always, although she seems to love mud, especially the soil in our garden when it gets wet from the rain! That's a pain in the bum.

But yeah I can imagine you'll want him a lot shorter when his adult coat starts to matt!

·
Registered
1,709 Posts
Dan just called me telling me he only took Vincent on a hald an hour walk because of the rain. Apparently Vincent was pretty much swimming the whole way because there were so many puddles!!
I love my crazy pup ^^

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.