I Love My Cockapoo Forums banner

1 - 20 of 63 Posts

·
Registered
3,615 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hi!

I was thinking about this the other day whilst searching for a dog friendly campsite. I thought it might be useful to have an area where we could post details of places we have been on holiday with our dogs that we have found particularly nice and doggy friendly.

For example I am staying in a Yurt in the Lake District next year and there are not that many Yurts around that accept dogs, it would be good to have somewhere to share that rather than it being lost in a thread, obviously only if it is nice (looks fab though!) :).

Just a thought, not sure whether others would find this useful or not?

Sarah

·
Registered
93 Posts
Great idea Sarah.

We have given up on the carribean hoildays for a few years now that we have Oscar
too, so will be having holidays in this country for a while. I'm not keen on the whole camping thing but we have found a few "PARKS" resorts that allow you to take dogs. As a tester for doggie holidays we have booked a "Sun" Holiday for Autumn and are hoping to go to the Isle of Wight. Should be interesting :D

·
Registered
573 Posts
We stayed at a great cottage in East Devon - 4 miles from fab beaches that are dog friendly.
The cottage we stayed in was Wheelhouse - 3 bedrooms - 2 bathrooms - large living space and all on one level.
The farmer took us on a farm tour in his trailer - along with Treacle [piccy of her on my avatar is on the trailer chewing straw!]

The garden was enclosed and large so was puppy safe and the farmer owners had two very friendly dogs who played Fetch for as long as you would allow them to ! We banned them from playing Tennis with us as they were far too quick at getting the ball!

http://www.farwoodbarton-holiday-cottages.co.uk/Wheelhouse.html

High quality accomodation and we had a fantastic time in the area - all the pubs were dog friendly and Treacle loved the beaches - definitley worth a visit!

·
Registered
2,590 Posts
This sounds like a good idea, I will say that with campsites (caravans/tents) my mum is probably an expert! We've always had a caravan for holidays in this country & we also used to go to the south of France a lot in summer holidays for years. And now that we have Izzie & soon to be Poppy they;re going away in it for weekends & things all the time so that Izzie can join, so if anyone would like advice on some sites (especially around the north of england you can always ask her, or ask me to ask her haha)
andreajg is her username on here, but she isn't on even half as much as me, i'm addicted :D

·
Registered
8,257 Posts
Good thread .. I need a holiday with 3 dogs allowed please .. if anyone finds one or knows of a good place ..

·
Registered
2,590 Posts
Depends what area of the country you're looking for I think?
& also would you like thinkgs like beaches near by or would you prefer just fields for walks? & also what accomodation you would want/have?

·
Registered
216 Posts
Retallack luxury lodges in cornwall nr newquay, i have stayed there twice and loved it! Havent taken a dog before but i know that they accept them.
These lodges are spacious and stunning with all mod cons, very family friendly and they are surrounded by decks that are fully gated and very secure. There is a bar, restaraunt, kids club, play area, swimming pool,gym, lake and walks and very well placed to drive to many local attractions, we will definetly be taking our pup there next year and we have stayed twice before... I cannot fault this place at all... Fantastic and highly recommended! :) :)

·
Registered
3,615 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
We go to a fabby place in Cornwall every Easter called Kingsand and Cawsand. It is my dream to have a cottage down their oneday...just me and my Cockapoos :D Not sure what the husband's plans are! :D

This is the cottage we are staying in next year;

http://www.fredsatkingsand.co.uk/Freds/Welcome.html

We have stayed before but next year my Mum is treating us for our 40th birthdays. Doggy friendly! :D There are lots of lovely walks and it is very unspoilt.

I love to walk out of the front door with my cup of tea and just stare out to sea. I can't wait!

In the summer we are staying here;

http://www.lake-district-yurts.co.uk/info/our-yurts.html#start

I am so looking forward to a seaside holiday and a lake district holiday with Daisy Doodle! :D

·
Registered
329 Posts
Great idea Sarah!

I know Hoseasons do lots of Parks, lodges and cottages that allow dogs. We haven't done any yet but we have been looking at some that look really nice in the brochure.

·
Registered
242 Posts
hi great idea, we have a motorhome so go all around the country, all the club sites thats the caravan club and camping and caravaning club allow dogs some have lodges or big vans for hire too. forest holidays have some lovely lodges and they are all dog friendly. hope this is of some help. :D oh i forgot to say the lakes is one of the most dog friendly places ive been too, most pubs allow dogs in and sell dog treats too!

·
Registered
63 Posts
Hi

We went to the lake district Ambleside and stayed at the Vircarage (B&B) with pool which allows dogs don't think there is a limit. It is 2 mins from great restuarants and right near some great walks they also have parking and an outside area Max loved it (all about the dogs) and we are hoping to take both back next year:D

·
Registered
858 Posts
We're hiring a cottage in the Peak District just before Xmas which is surrounded by fields and has a log burner to warm us all up after a long winters walk :). And then we've booked a boat on the Norfolk Broads for Easter next year!! Think we may need a doggy life jacket for that!!

I'm so excited about holidaying with Luna and definitely want to go to Devon/Cornwall with her. Great thread, thanks. xx

·
Registered
3,615 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Oooh! I am loving the sound of the cottage in the Peak District with the log burner! Sounds like my idea of heaven! We have also fancied a boating holiday so please do let me know how it goes. :)

·
Registered
2,006 Posts
We stayed at a great cottage in East Devon - 4 miles from fab beaches that are dog friendly.
The cottage we stayed in was Wheelhouse - 3 bedrooms - 2 bathrooms - large living space and all on one level.
The farmer took us on a farm tour in his trailer - along with Treacle [piccy of her on my avatar is on the trailer chewing straw!]

The garden was enclosed and large so was puppy safe and the farmer owners had two very friendly dogs who played Fetch for as long as you would allow them to ! We banned them from playing Tennis with us as they were far too quick at getting the ball!

http://www.farwoodbarton-holiday-cottages.co.uk/Wheelhouse.html

High quality accomodation and we had a fantastic time in the area - all the pubs were dog friendly and Treacle loved the beaches - definitley worth a visit!
I like the look of this place thanks dx That photo is so cute love it!

·
Registered
2,006 Posts
Hi

We went to the lake district Ambleside and stayed at the Vircarage (B&B) with pool which allows dogs don't think there is a limit. It is 2 mins from great restuarants and right near some great walks they also have parking and an outside area Max loved it (all about the dogs) and we are hoping to take both back next year:D
Wow this looks fab!

1 - 20 of 63 Posts