I Love My Cockapoo Forums banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all, this is my first post and I am hoping for your help! We are going to North Cornwall on Sat for 2 weeks with our 7mth Cockapoo Flo:) will post a piccie when I upload some photos!
We are looking for dog friendly places to visit, eat etc and would welcome any recommendations!
Thanks, Andrea

·
Registered
2,870 Posts
Hi Andrea. We are in Cornwall at the moment (Perranporth) and Biscuit is just loving the beaches and swimming in the rock pools. I have never seen him so energetic! You can google for a map of dog friendly beaches and you will find that most of them are (except Polzeath). Apart from that, there are plenty of coastal paths, the moors and yesterday we walked around St Ives for a few hours and he was fine with that. I would have liked to have visited The Lost Gardens of Helligan but it is not open for dogs over the summer months. Apart from that I don't have any particular recommendations. x

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Cornwall

Hi Andrea. We are in Cornwall at the moment (Perranporth) and Biscuit is just loving the beaches and swimming in the rock pools. I have never seen him so energetic! You can google for a map of dog friendly beaches and you will find that most of them are (except Polzeath). Apart from that, there are plenty of coastal paths, the moors and yesterday we walked around St Ives for a few hours and he was fine with that. I would have liked to have visited The Lost Gardens of Helligan but it is not open for dogs over the summer months. Apart from that I don't have any particular recommendations. x
Thanks Jane. dare I ask how the weather has been?

·
Registered
2,870 Posts
It's not been as bad as the forecast predicted, which was showers all week. It has been a bit showery today but apart from that we have had quite a lot of sun. It has been mild too so pretty good all round! Where are you staying in North Cornwall?

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Cornwall

We have booked a cottage in Stratton, a little place next to Bude. Looking forward to a relaxing time and hoping places (especially pubs!!) will be crazy cockapoo friendly!:p

·
Registered
Obi, Roo & Poppy
4,159 Posts
Hi Jane, we're heading to Perranporth on the 11th, glad to hear Biscuit is enjoying it. Where are you staying?

·
Registered
2,870 Posts
Hi Clare! We're leaving on the 11th - what a shame as would have loved to have met Obi! We are staying at Treamble Barn which is a few miles inland and is lovely and quiet! Perranporth beach is lovely - have seen quite a few cockapoos there - but you have to keep them on leads on the main beach but ok around the corner on Perran Sands. x

·
Registered
Obi, Roo & Poppy
4,159 Posts
Hi Clare! We're leaving on the 11th - what a shame as would have loved to have met Obi! We are staying at Treamble Barn which is a few miles inland and is lovely and quiet! Perranporth beach is lovely - have seen quite a few cockapoos there - but you have to keep them on leads on the main beach but ok around the corner on Perran Sands. x
aw what a shame we miss each other by hours! We're staying at Perran Sands as read it was very dog friendly. So looking forward to getting Obi running on the beach. He could definitely loose a few pounds after staying with my friend.. :eek:

·
Registered
2,870 Posts
Are you staying on the holiday park at the top? It looks fantastic and the views are amazing. I walked across the coastal path from Perranporth Beach to near there and went back and said to the others what a great place it looked to stay for another time. x

·
Registered
Obi, Roo & Poppy
4,159 Posts
Yes we are! Needed all the extras for the kids if the weather is poor. The place was recommended by someone on the Cockapoo Owners Club site - glad it looks good :). I think its owned by Haven but we found a private hire as Haven only allow pets in their lowest standard homes. Will let you know what we think when we've been. Enjoy those beach walks and let me know if you find any good dog friendly pubs/cafes.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Hi all, this is my first post and I am hoping for your help! We are going to North Cornwall on Sat for 2 weeks with our 7mth Cockapoo Flo:) will post a piccie when I upload some photos!
We are looking for dog friendly places to visit, eat etc and would welcome any recommendations!
Thanks, Andrea
Hi Andrea,

Welcome to Cornwall! We live in Bude and our 6 month old cockapoo Rosie loves the beaches and wide open spaces here!

Just to give you a quick run down on the beaches:

BlackRock beach at Widemouth allows dogs. Also good pub there- Bayview Inn which I think takes dogs.
Summerleaze beach in town allows them off the lead until 10 am and then on a lead until 6pm
Northcott beach/ Sandymouthbeach further along the coast allows dogs and there is a lovely walk along the cliffs from Crooklets beach- nice little caravan cafe at the end!
You can also walk along the canal and have lunch at the Weir- good playground for younger kids.

If you look on the VISIT BUDE website it gives quite a list of dog friendly places/ restaurants etc.

If you like PM me and we could perhaps meet up for a beach walk? Rosie would, love to meet other cockapoos!

Weather looks a bit showery- but it can change very quickly here! Off for a cliff walk now!

Allison & Rosie

·
Registered
1,490 Posts
I love Perranporth, stayed there with my family 14 or so years ago :eek:

We are going to Cheddar for a week's camping on August 19th. I need to look up the closest dog friendly beach to there just in case we have a nice day of sunshine!

·
Registered
6,314 Posts
Stayed at Perransands a few times in the past, lovely for dogs as can go on beach or for lovely walks around dunes which surround the camp, we just stayed at Tollgate farm campsite right near the entrance to Perransands a couple of weeks ago, on the main beach dogs have to be on a short lead from 9-5 in July/Aug, so you get loads of dogs appear just after 5 having a wonderful time off lead, unfortunately Dudley is at the stage where he will race off after any dog and forget us, so we only let him off very occasionally. The Wateringhole pub on the beach is very dog friendly and does amazing fajitas! (huge portion), Seiner's on the side of the beach is also dog friendly, yes also saw lots of other Cockapoo's there. Sorry can't offer advice on the Bude area, also stayed at Polzeath, real shame no dogs allowed on beach there, but there is a small shingle beach an easy walk around the coast path and Daymar bay a bit further on which dogs can go on. and The Oyster catcher pub in Polzeath is dog friendly. I think generally Cornwall is a very dog friendly place.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Hi Andrea,

Welcome to Cornwall! We live in Bude and our 6 month old cockapoo Rosie loves the beaches and wide open spaces here!

Just to give you a quick run down on the beaches:

BlackRock beach at Widemouth allows dogs. Also good pub there- Bayview Inn which I think takes dogs.
Summerleaze beach in town allows them off the lead until 10 am and then on a lead until 6pm
Northcott beach/ Sandymouthbeach further along the coast allows dogs and there is a lovely walk along the cliffs from Crooklets beach- nice little caravan cafe at the end!
You can also walk along the canal and have lunch at the Weir- good playground for younger kids.

If you look on the VISIT BUDE website it gives quite a list of dog friendly places/ restaurants etc.

If you like PM me and we could perhaps meet up for a beach walk? Rosie would, love to meet other cockapoos!

Weather looks a bit showery- but it can change very quickly here! Off for a cliff walk now!

Allison & Rosie
Thanks for the info, not sure what we are planning at the mo but will be in touch, tho I have to warn you that our little Flo is on the crazy side!!:p

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Cornwall

Thanks everyone for your help, I've been googling like mad for info but always prefer personal recommendations!
Busy packing today, will post some photos of Flo on her Hols when we get back:p

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.