I Love My Cockapoo Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
8,257 Posts
these kennels look good ...

I have a kennel and run for my dogs .. its called the Doggy Den :) but I am not really using it much to be honest, but it is a useful space to know I can put them in there when I am cleaning the kitchen floor etc... I think I just like them around me too much :S

·
Registered
2,006 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yea its more for when i go out dont like the idea of him being in a crate as he cant run around etc

·
Registered
1,231 Posts
My friend has just put a roof on a normal crate (using wood and covering it with roofing felt) and has fenced off the patio area. The crate is positioned in the shade with 2 sides against a wall against the house so it's sheltered. Her boxer puppy goes out there during the day when they leave her.

·
Registered
8,257 Posts
Good idea .. I don't leave mine in the kennel when I go out ... just in case they did bark .. we do have neighbours to think about, laughing that not that go out without them :)

My plan is to get them used to this space when I am at home .. just for a short period of time .. this way they will know its their space and feel secure in there..

Buddy will be fine ... sounds like a good idea .. more freedom in a kennel and run than in a crate ...

Let us know how you get on :) and a pic of buddy in his kennel would be lovely xxx

·
Registered
582 Posts
Donna it looks fab! My mum is getting a dog run and i will show her this when she comes round in a bit....Do you know how much they are for the monster one?

·
Registered
2,006 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Just over £400 ,I wont use it while im around im just worried when i go out he might be really bored etc and because i dont have a utility he might be safer in the kennel.

And im thinking this is for when he's older not for now.

If i had a utility then i would leave him in the house but i dont.

Becky i also thought its fab because if we do move house it will be easy to pick up and move with us.

·
Banned
1,872 Posts
I've looked at these kennels and like the idea of them BUT if it rains he will get wet......not so good for the cockapoo coat.....the run really does need a roof.

J x

·
Registered
8,257 Posts
My doggie den looks a bit like a posh shed ha ha ha ... the dogs seem to be happy in it .. but like I said I do need to use it more ... I think the kids would make better use out of it than the dogs ha ha ha ...camp out in the doggie den :)

I must admit I do like knowing it is there... and at some point I will need need this space to seperate them....

I will need another one if I get my 4 dogs xxx we won't tell hubby that just yet ....

·
Registered
2,006 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I've looked at these kennels and like the idea of them BUT if it rains he will get wet......not so good for the cockapoo coat.....the run really does need a roof.

J x
Yea i thought that ,but that can easily be fixed,plus Buddy will not be in it all the time its just for piece of mind if ever i have to go out for longer then an hour.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts