I Love My Cockapoo Forums banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
2,006 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My mum has scared me this week saying i shouldnt of picked a boy because he will just spray on all my furniture etc!!

This is freaking me out is this true?

·
Banned
1,872 Posts
LOL, don't worry it's only older boys that **** their leg to go for a wee. Buzz was castrated before he learned to wee like a man (for him it was about 9 months old) so now bless him he still squats like a girl.:embarrassed:

Julia x

·
Registered
1,490 Posts
That's a relief! Will you be getting Buddy castrated Donna?

·
Registered
2,006 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
OMG yea it really annoy's me when owners don't dog or cat,my neighbours had a new cat didnt get him done and he wondered into our house and sprayed all over my living room wall ,jesus it smelt awful!
Must say i dont air my views that much but I had to say something to them after that.
Also my friends dog hasnt been done and he is a nightmare any dog in sight is fair game he is a Lab and acts just like Marley from 'marley and me'

·
Registered
206 Posts
My mum has scared me this week saying i shouldnt of picked a boy because he will just spray on all my furniture etc!!

This is freaking me out is this true?
No its not true:p dogs are just as easy to house train as bitches:) the only time a house trained dog may change his behaviour and **** his leg in the home is if hes been used as a stud:)

But please do as much reasearch as you can before you have him neutered because early neutering can be detrimental to a dogs health,..

http://www.naiaonline.org/pdfs/longtermhealtheffectsofspayneuterindogs.pdf

On the positive side, neutering male dogs
• eliminates the small risk (probably <1%) of dying from testicular cancer
• reduces the risk of non-cancerous prostate disorders
• reduces the risk of perianal fistulas
• may possibly reduce the risk of diabetes (data inconclusive)

On the negative side, neutering male dogs
• if done before 1 year of age, significantly increases the risk of osteosarcoma (bone cancer); this is a
common cancer in medium/large and larger breeds with a poor prognosis.
• increases the risk of cardiac hemangiosarcoma by a factor of 1.6
• triples the risk of hypothyroidism
• increases the risk of progressive geriatric cognitive impairment
• triples the risk of obesity, a common health problem in dogs with many associated health problems
• quadruples the small risk (<0.6%) of prostate cancer
• doubles the small risk (<1%) of urinary tract cancers
• increases the risk of orthopedic disorders
• increases the risk of adverse reactions to vaccinations

·
Registered
3,615 Posts
That is very informative doodlebug! Is there somewhere I can find out the same sort of information about bitches. I haven't looked into it yet as I was going to speak to my vet but it would be useful to know some of the pros and cons of getting it done at different times. :)

Just had a look at the link and seen it covers bitches aswell! Oooops!

·
Registered
206 Posts
That is very informative doodlebug! Is there somewhere I can find out the same sort of information about bitches. I haven't looked into it yet as I was going to speak to my vet but it would be useful to know some of the pros and cons of getting it done at different times. :)

Just had a look at the link and seen it covers bitches aswell! Oooops!
LOL:p

x x x

·
Registered
1,578 Posts
No its not true:p dogs are just as easy to house train as bitches:) the only time a house trained dog may change his behaviour and **** his leg in the home is if hes been used as a stud:)

But please do as much reasearch as you can before you have him neutered because early neutering can be detrimental to a dogs health,..

http://www.naiaonline.org/pdfs/longtermhealtheffectsofspayneuterindogs.pdf

On the positive side, neutering male dogs
• eliminates the small risk (probably <1%) of dying from testicular cancer
• reduces the risk of non-cancerous prostate disorders
• reduces the risk of perianal fistulas
• may possibly reduce the risk of diabetes (data inconclusive)

On the negative side, neutering male dogs
• if done before 1 year of age, significantly increases the risk of osteosarcoma (bone cancer); this is a
common cancer in medium/large and larger breeds with a poor prognosis.
• increases the risk of cardiac hemangiosarcoma by a factor of 1.6
• triples the risk of hypothyroidism
• increases the risk of progressive geriatric cognitive impairment
• triples the risk of obesity, a common health problem in dogs with many associated health problems
• quadruples the small risk (<0.6%) of prostate cancer
• doubles the small risk (<1%) of urinary tract cancers
• increases the risk of orthopedic disorders
• increases the risk of adverse reactions to vaccinations

Yes have seen this info posted on another forum Doodlebug- which provoked quite a debate ;)

·
Registered
3,615 Posts
I was confused but have just realised that there are two threads discussing this topic! (I am easily confused atm, lack of sleep!)

1 - 12 of 12 Posts