I Love My Cockapoo Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1,758 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well the dreaded deed is done, and I'm quite happy with his cut. All the matts are out and she managed not to scalp him. His coat is well over an inch long and even his legs are quite chunky still. His face looks a slightly strange shape, but I think that's because his ears are fluffier. A few days' walks will soon fix that! And only £30 which I think was very reasonable as I was quoted £60 elsewhere. Apparently he did not stop wriggling so presented quite a challenge. Here are the before and afters.

I don't think he'll ever look quite as gorgeous as he did when he was shaggy, but practicality wins out.

·
Administrator
5,020 Posts
aww, yeah the fluffiness will go and the shagginess will come after a couple of walks lol

he looks darker is that just because the after photo was inside.

he looks fab, how long the the groomer take. did she comment on his mats?

·
Registered
1,758 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yes it's just the light when I took the photo that makes him look darker. Took about 2 1/2 hours and she managed to work out the matts without cutting him too short. I'm really pleased - don't think she could have improved on what she did at all.

·
Registered
242 Posts
he looks lovely! you should be able to keep that up yourself over time now, just be brave and give him a trim to keep him the lengh you like. its not as hard as you think. lol :D

·
Registered
8,610 Posts
Ahhh look little picklepie ... he says I can you !!! Maybe thats why Wilf runs the wrong way for the ball he cant see it lol .He'll probably run faster for being shorter x x

·
Registered
2,185 Posts
He looks brill and it's not as radical a trim as I was expecting. I think his face looks different as she has taken his hair away from his eyes but that's much better for him so he can see where he is going. She did a great job, now you'll just be able to go over home with a coarse comb every day like I do with Flo!!!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts