I Love My Cockapoo Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Pru has started being a right little madam when it comes to food. We are feeding her on Nature Diet and she was gobbling it up for weeks. Now, all of a sudden, she is turning her nose up at it and taking one sniff then backing away. Really strangely though, if you feed her by hand she will eat a bit, and if you put it onto the floor she will eat a little it too, but refuses to eat it from any sort of bowl, saucer or dish.

I thought maybe she was teething, but it seems a little early for that? Plus I haven't noticed any other signs. She has had the worming powder in her food for a few days, but it's not just the meals with the powder in that she won't eat, it's all of them. Plus she had no issue with the worming powder before.

She is a pretty small puppy and we are trying to feed her up, as per the vets advise. How long should we let this go on before taking her to the vets?

Would love some advice, please :)

·
Registered
390 Posts
Maggie started this at just a few wks older than 3 months. She is now 5 months and still picky but I think it is Defo related to her teething. She is otherwise absolutely fine, very energetic and happy. I took her to the vet after about 3wks of her pickyness. The vet said not to worry as long as she was still gaining weight and seemed otherwise happy. It's improving slightly now but is not as good as when I first got her but then she is still loosing teeth. Emma x

·
Registered
8,610 Posts
I wonder if she has sussed the worming powder would it be worth trying tablets. Having said this fussy eating comes up alot on here .. we used to feed Wilf by hand, put it on the floor, get the kids to pretend to eat it etc. Is she just bored of the flavour ? I should nt worry though Im sure she'll eat if she's hungry x

1 - 3 of 3 Posts