I Love My Cockapoo Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
4,499 Posts
Totally normal puppy, make sure none of the plants are toxic and distract him from the worst of it but ignore minor stuff.

·
Registered
Teddy Bear
151 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thank You
He puts everything in his mouth when we are walking
staying away from rocks
Somebody told me to get a second puppy and Let them play with each other and could possibly keep him averted from the rocks
what do you think?

·
Registered
4,499 Posts
Two pups are way more than twice the work of one pup so given you are already struggling with one puppy getting a second one would be sheer madness - please don't do it

·
Registered
144 Posts
Walking two puppies is very difficult and requires lots of training. I your puppy eating mot leaves or just carrying them in hi mouth, if you continue walking? Monty is the same with leaves, twigs. He often carries them, sometimes eats them. I sometimes make him drop them, but other times I just let him (not twigs, they can splinter). Very few plants are that poisonous that one leaf will do harm to the puppy besides maybe a slightly upset stomach. Find out about the most poisonous plants in your region for dogs and avoid those, others let him explore a bit as it is natural to puppies. Just like with kids they have a phase, where they put everything in their mouth. I try not to let Monty sniff for a bit and then say: 'carry on'. I noticed the longer he is in one place, the more likely he will eat, not just carry the leaf. Now, your pup might be different. He is probably just nosy. As long as he is safe, I say let him, for the rest, practice leave it with high value treats.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts