I Love My Cockapoo Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1,758 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
On our walk this morning Dylan was ahead of me and I saw him rolling on his back in ecstasy (never a good sign). I yelled at him to leave it (too late of course) and approached, expecting something lovely like fox poo. But no, even better - a dead bird with entrails exposed :eek:

Hmmm methinks bathtime :mad:

·
Registered
170 Posts
:laugh::laugh::laugh: welcome to my world - every day so far this week I have had to clean up dead things in various states of guts hanging out to a pool of blood, I love pets:eek::D

·
Registered
1,203 Posts
Yummy! What they find - Izzy was ahead of me in a field last week, barking her head off, when I got there she was running round a dead sheep. She did nothing but run round and bark though - I just left her and eventually she got bored.

·
Registered
1,123 Posts
Liz, your signature is so appropriate for this thread!

Oh dear, bathing in a dead bird - it can't get much worse than that, surely. It's such a shame for them that the things that make them absolutely ecstatic are the things that make us heave.

·
Administrator
5,020 Posts
Liz, your signature is so appropriate for this thread!

Oh dear, bathing in a dead bird - it can't get much worse than that, surely. It's such a shame for them that the things that make them absolutely ecstatic are the things that make us heave.
oh yes it can, i know a woman with cockers, one of whome when tey were at a cabben near the sea side, she took them for a walk and one of them ran off aread and disapeard, she found him swimming about in a deep rock poosl with a decomposing seal. she bathed him every day for about a week to get rid of the smell.

·
Registered
1,123 Posts
oh yes it can, i know a woman with cockers, one of whome when tey were at a cabben near the sea side, she took them for a walk and one of them ran off aread and disapeard, she found him swimming about in a deep rock poosl with a decomposing seal. she bathed him every day for about a week to get rid of the smell.
Yes, I think that wins. I can't think of any way that a dog could immerse itself more fully in the smell a dead animal than that. Actual bathing, instead of metaphorical bathing. YUK!

·
Registered
720 Posts
Thought Poppy was rolling around on some poo today but it was a dead frog. Worst thing she has rolled around in so far is a rabbit carcase, and the worst part of it was the 10 mile drive home.

Yes dogs are disgusting

·
Registered
389 Posts
I had to search for this thread today (key word: DISGUSTING). Chloe and I went out walking this afternoon and on the way home, she was sitting in the grass, waiting for our turn to cross the street. I noticed something at her feet and I went to step on it before she could put it in her mouth. She was faster than me (as usual!) so I grabbed it out of her mouth. It was not a bone or a stick, like I thought. It was a mushy DEAD MOUSE! I touched a dead mouse with my bare hand, YUCK!!!! :eek: I don't know what I would have done if I had actually known that was what was in her mouth. My hand smelled so gross, but thankfully we were almost home.

And this morning, I let her outside in the backyard. After about 5 minutes, I went to check on her to make sure she wasn't eating my flowers again. She was standing on the deck and as I got closer to her , I noticed her mouth was wet...and her paws...then I realised they weren't wet, they were covered in mud, as was most of the back third of her body. This wasn't from going in a puddle, this was pure mud. Of course, she ran in the house before I could grab her and left a muddy trail behind her. I am just glad she didn't jump on the couch.

What a day!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts