I Love My Cockapoo Forums banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
134 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

Hi gang,

Wow, what a rough couple of months with my little guy. At his 4 month vet check, he weighed a whopping 6 lb 4 oz. I think he's gonna be on the small size!

We're FINALLY making progress with house training. I really thought I was going to go out of my mind. Part of the problem was the constant rain here- he isn't wild about wet grass. Anyway, he is doing great! I finally got a decent photo of him today, so I thought I'd share.

Terry

·
Registered
1,707 Posts
He is gorgeous! I have just "liked" his photo on facebook as love the way he looks as really unusual colouring :)

·
Registered
8,610 Posts
Hi Terry have been wondering how you've been getting on Elliott is cutie birthday card puppy perfect, Mable had a thing about wet and would often come in and park her "bits" on the towel that was waiting to dry her feet ...... so much easier with the better weather, glad you're doing ok . Have you got your lap dog then ??? x

·
Registered
1,490 Posts
He's lovely! Yours were some of the first posts I read on this forum, it's so nice to read an update on him :)

·
Registered
1,123 Posts
Ah, so glad he is more settled and I hope it means you are less stressed! He is so adorable - I bet he can get away with murder if he pulls that face at you often.

Is it the picture, or has he got blue eyes?

·
Registered
134 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Woops. Sorry I've been away.
Don't know how tall he is- I should measure him. But he is now 5 mos and still is pretty small. I think his eyes are turning brown but there is a bit of green to them.

He's learned tons of tricks and I have him in puppy class. He's a little cautious but very very sweet.

House training is finally going well. Not perfect, but way better than before. At times, he'll ring the bells on the door to go out. Other times he'll stare at me. Then today, I didn't hear him barking and he had his first accident in about a week. : (

Our main problem is he wakes up too early in the am (5:30). Any tips?

: )

·
Registered
2,123 Posts
Elliot is beautiful!!Is he a chocolate parti? If any of my pups start waking early i make their last trip out for a wee at night a little bit later.:)

·
Registered
8,610 Posts
Mable can wake from 5.30 ... she's 8 months now and its not always for the toilet, so we take her to toilet and put her back... as she's getting older she does nt even need to go she just knows you'll come but cant risk it incase the day you dont go she has an accident. x

·
Registered
8,257 Posts
5.30am I wold call that a lay in ha ha ha..

Good to see your back on the forum Terry, I recall when you first got him and if I remember rightly you weren't getting much work done in your office when Elliott first arrived..... the joys of puppy ownership hey!!!

Elliott is a gorgeous cockapoo and it sound like he is settling in well... ringing bells on the door, I am impressed Terry :)

Welcome back and keep sending those photos in :)

·
Registered
134 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Thanks for the feedback! To answer some questions-
Mandy, yes, he's a chocolate parti. I should post a pix of him and our Portuguese Water Dog, Harper, who is also brown/white. Elliott looks like a mini-me of Harper but 40 lbs lighter. : D

I take Elliott out for the last potty break at around 11:30pm. I would insist he stay in his crate when he gets up (4:30 if he hears my hubby wake up, otherwise it's 5:30) but he REALLY has to do his business at 5:30. Last month, I tried letting him whine, but then I had a real mess to clean up. I wonder if it's worth trying again, as he is doing a LOT better holding it in during the day. But I'm not sure.

Karen, when I put him back in the crate after he was let out, he'd only sleep for another 1/2 hr. So now, my morning guy hubby, just keeps an eye on him in the kitchen so I can sleep a bit more (rarely can, though. When I'm up, I'm up). At what point will you stop taking Mable out that early?

JoJo, thanks for the reminders. It was a really tough go with little Elliott and I have to remind myself how much progress he's made. He was literally peeing or pooping in the house every 20 minutes and I got NOTHING done for many weeks. Now, my little guy is hanging out with me in my office, napping or playing.
He's become a wonderful little buddy!

·
Registered
8,610 Posts
Not sure really Terry, we put her back and she usually stays quiet until 7.30 ish at weekend but we are up anyway at 7 during the week. Really should leave her now as she very rarely needs the loo its purely habit. Might give it a try at weekend... or might try her with the crate door open, cos I think she'd just go sleep with Wilf,will let you know;)

1 - 18 of 18 Posts