I Love My Cockapoo Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi has any one had a email off this person ?
Contact Name: kelly
Email address: [email protected]
Telephone number: 07870425270
Preferred method of contact: Email

Comments: To whomever it may concern, I would just like to let you know that I work locally in the pet trade and am informing as many people as possible not to fork out huge sums of money for fancy named crossbreds bred by unscrupulous con people such as yourselves. I and many other colleagues in the industry believe it's disgusting that breeders are selling crossbreds at incredibly inflated prices, often selling them for far more than many pedigrees. There was a time when these crossbreds were generally accidents and either given away free to good homes or sold at a price that reflects their breeding. I hope you and other breeders who I am emailing see sense and stop conning unwitting people.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------
I Have posted this as i do not agree with crossbreeding But as for the Cockapoo i do support this breed and hope one day the kc will reconize this breed This person also sent a link stating. link to a debate but no supporters of the crossbreeders yet. SO I DID http://www.digitalspy.co.uk/forums/showthread.php?t=1341856 - i have had my say on the Cockapoo and hope iv done good as people like this need Educating.

·
Registered
43 Posts
Wow! I never got that e-mail, perhaps cause my settings to allow emails are off? Anyways, thanks for posting this so i can read it too!
I know that crossbreeding is a touchy subject, and to some extents I don't agree with, especially when i see dogs crossed with 4 different breeds!
Cockapoos have been around for at least 50-60 yrs that I know of, and should be a recognized breed as far as I am concerned. If this lady has such a problem with it, she should be emailing backyard inexperienced breeders and not people who already own and love them! I do agree that some places charge ridiculous amounts for fancy breeds, here in Canada i see labradoodles and goldendoodles for well over $2000 dollars! crazy! My first approach is to always find a dog at a shelter first...we were looking for a goldendoodle but just couldn't justify paying big bucks, so we looked at rescue groups for almost a year until we found our little cockapoo.
Anyways, most pedigrees today are results of crossbreeding somewhere down the line, so whats the big deal really? Has anyone seen the BBC One documentry "Pedigree Dogs exposed" Big eye opener for me, I think what those breeders are doing is far more worse than some kinds of crossbreeding!! Some pedigrees are actually genectic defects! http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pedigree_Dogs_Exposed

·
Registered
1,363 Posts
Just came across this post - a little misguided to say the least. Cross breeding is natural to dogs, as far as I can see! Just look around a park when a bitch is in season - I haven't noticed them choosing one of their own kind to mate with. Cockapoos have not officially been around in Scotland for very long, but many years ago my brother had a mongrel called Flash, and looking at the photos now, it seems pretty clear that that gorgeous nutty dog was a cockapoo - and the dogs did it all by themselves, too - no help from anyone! There is a difference, too, between responsible puppy breeders who ensure their dogs are healthy and genetically sound, and puppy farms - it is a pity the difference is not recognised by this rather rude emailer.
I don't mean to be controversial - this is just a personal opinion but this world operates on a supply/demand principle, and there has to be a reason that the demand is there. The reason is not hard to see when you are a cockapoo owner!:)

1 - 3 of 3 Posts