I Love My Cockapoo Forums banner
1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
:( Bad News

Kody swallowed a whole cooked chicken wing today. Out of concern we rushed to the ER to have an xray done. The vet intially thought it would break down and he would be ok however once she saw the size of it she recommended surgery. Her concern was that it could travel and cause a blockage in his intestines.

Better to be safe than sorry, we left Kody for surgery in the am. Hopefully the endoscopy will successful and he won't have to go under the knife.

Please keep Kody in your prayers. Im soooo worried!

·
Registered
3,615 Posts
Hope all is well with Kody.

Jean, if you are concerned about giving one for the first time a tip is to bash it up a bit first with a wooden mallet/hammer. Apparently it encourages them to chew it more.

·
Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Thanks for the well wishes everyone!

Jean,
Kody accidentally ate a cooked one thay fell on the floor which is a no no but Tilley should be fine with a raw bone. Either way, I would definitely supervise.

·
Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Update on Kody

Good news everyone :D

The doctor called and said the Kody threw up this morning and the bone came out. She measured it and it appeared to be the same size as what was on the xray. Another xray was taken and the bone is gone.

He's been placed on a bland diet for a couple days and is ready to come home.

Off to get my baby, have a good day all and Kody and I thank you for your well wishes.

1 - 20 of 33 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.