I Love My Cockapoo Forums banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

· Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi. Was so pleased to find this site. We collect our puppy 'Buddy' in 2 weeks time. Have never had a dog before but are ready for a challenge! Have read lots about care and training but it will be great to be able to come on here for advice. We are very excited :)

· Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hi. Buddy is joining our family on 1st April. He will be 8 weeks old and is a sandy colour. He will actually belong to my 20 year old daughter but we will all help take care of him and try not to spoil him too much!! We just cant wait to get him.

· Registered
2,534 Posts
Hi Jane and welcome, you will receive answers to all your questions here. I gleened much knowledge from the poo pros here, all were helpful and rescued me several times. I had not owned a puppy in 15 yrs. My Sami is 16 weeks old now and signals me by scratching and bumping the outside door for a poo and pee. He had an upset tummy for 2 weeks during the adjustment time and they all helped me with diet soothers and he settled down nicely. Congratulations on your little Buddy!

· Registered
6,317 Posts
Not long to go, It is an exciting time isn't it? will be eager to read all about your boy coming home as I pick mine up on 9th. Good luck.

· Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Hi & welcome!
You must all be very excited :)
Would love to see some pictures!
What cross is your pup? & colour?
Where are you getting him from?
Hi Laura. Yes we are counting down the days now-only 11 to go!!
Buddy's mother is a ginger coloured cocker and father a chocolate toy poodle.
Your two look adorable. Buddy looks similar colour to Izzie. We got him from a local breeder. We decided we wanted a Cockapoo and found him almost on our doorstep!!!

· Registered
8,349 Posts
Welcome Jane and soon to be new puppy Buddy

You, well your daughter will love having a cockapoo puppy and you will get loads of great help and info on here, from lovely cockapoo owners :)

Photos please :) ... we all love puppy photos on here .. we are all cockapoo crazy xxx

· Registered
99 Posts
You found the right forum

Have never had a dog before but are ready for a challenge! Have read lots about care and training but it will be great to be able to come on here for advice. We are very excited :)
ilovemycockapoo forum is a comfortable place to be. You'll really appreciate the help.

Keep reading and learning about Poos. Because you will be challenged! Every day.

And there are rewards you cannot imagine. I especially like coming home to butt-wiggling Poos who usually have some kind of present (not what you think, but a toy) when they greet me.

· Registered
23 Posts
Hi Jane. I too, collect our cockapoo puppy in 2 weeks, just after Easter. Ours is chocolate brown and white (mother, black poodle and father a brown working cocke). We already have a 9 year old brown miniature poodle, Sasha, whom we adore so the new puppy is a challenge. It's a long time ago Sasha was a puppy and rather like children, one forgets the bad bits and only remembers the good! Our dog, Biba, will be 10 weeks which is older than I would have liked but she is coming from a friend so I've had to work around their complicated family schedule. Once we have our new puppy I will take photos and post here (if I can work out how!). Hope all goes well for both of us!

Caroline

· Registered
23 Posts
Hi Jane. I too, collect our cockapoo puppy in 2 weeks, just after Easter. Ours is chocolate brown and white (mother, black poodle and father a brown working cocke). We already have a 9 year old brown miniature poodle, Sasha, whom we adore so the new puppy is a challenge. It's a long time ago Sasha was a puppy and rather like children, one forgets the bad bits and only remembers the good! Our dog, Biba, will be 10 weeks which is older than I would have liked but she is coming from a friend so I've had to work around their complicated family schedule. Once we have our new puppy I will take photos and post here (if I can work out how!). Hope all goes well for both of us!

Caroline

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.