I Love My Cockapoo Forums banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all, I'm a husband who has a wife who has wanted a dog for years, throughout lockdown the prices of dogs has been so high and I've been massively worried about dog theft which has been huge across the UK.

I've always wanted an active dog which can go for long walks on the beach, across the moors and in woodland areas... I've always though that a cockapoo would be ideal for this...
We have heard of someone local who is selling 3 F1 Male Cockapoos (mammy is temhe spaniel and daddy is a toy poodle)

I was just wondering what are these dogs like when they are fully grown? How are they for long walks, temperament around kids, Training and obedience etc.

Many thanks for any help or advice :)

·
Registered
4,294 Posts
They are smart active dogs who usually want to to be in the thick of everything and dislike being left behind. The vast majority are more than capable of the long walks you dream of - but are you expecting the level of cleaning up they will need after the walk as they are mud magnets. They require frequent home grooming as well as around six weekly visits to be groomer professionally.

Temperament around the kids depends on the kids too, expect much mouthing as a baby which small children will struggle with. They respond brilliantly to positive reward based training and with the right motivation can be very nicely trained.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts