I Love My Cockapoo Forums banner
1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey Cockapeople!

I'd like you all to meet my 15-month-old boy Disco! He's the most loving, affectionate and playful little puppa!

I'm constantly being told he isn't a cockapoo, though. I'd love to meet other Cockapeople who's Cockapoo doesn't look like what you'd expect.

Disclaimer - I know he is a cockapoo 100%. His mother, Bella, is my mother's dog. She bred her with a red cockapoo and Disco was in a litter of 5 and the other four came out how you'd expect a cockapoo would.

He's my little special munchkin <3

Attachments

·
Registered
16 Posts
WE too are always being told that Polly Wolly Doodle iisnt a cockerpoo...shes 9 months now shes is the most amazing adorable and loving little puppy ... shes really small (only 2 baked bean tins high )little legs and a longish body...we love her so much .

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1 Posts
My puppy is 16 weeks and she too looks just like a spaniel, with a smooth straight black coat. I have always been more concerned about her temperament but would have liked her to have a few curls or waves. Is her cost likely to change at all as she gets older.

·
Registered
4,568 Posts
Yes in a litter of F2 pups you will always get a percentage of the litter that have the ‘grandad’ effect. They are just smooth coated. That’s why breeders will always struggle to turn this cross breed in to a breed. They don’t breed true and you can get cocker or poodle and anything in between.

·
Registered
Simba cockapoo
1 Posts
My boy simba who will be 1 year old in March is a cockapoo but he looks more like a springer spaniel but I love him to bits he's a very intelligent boy & loves pleasing me he has hundreds of energy would go for 100 walks a day if you let him 💙

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hi everyone, my cockerpoo is not the conventional looking type either! He’s beautiful, only 6 months old. He sheds like mad which I’m quite disappointed about as I chose this breed so we’re weren’t constantly covered in dog hair 🙄 I love him to bits though. One thing I’m a little concerned about is his temperament. I was led to believe that cockerpoos are wonderful family pets and to some extent he is. However there is a part of him that seems quite aggressive, especially for a puppy. Just wondering if anyone else has had any issues like this? Thank you I’m advance x

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hi everyone, my cockerpoo is not the conventional looking type either! He’s beautiful, only 6 months old. He sheds like mad which I’m quite disappointed about as I chose this breed so we’re weren’t constantly covered in dog hair 🙄 I love him to bits though. One thing I’m a little concerned about is his temperament. I was led to believe that cockerpoos are wonderful family pets and to some extent he is. However there is a part of him that seems quite aggressive, especially for a puppy. Just wondering if anyone else has had any issues like this? Thank you in advance x
Dog Carnivore Dog breed Fawn Companion dog

·
Registered
4 Posts
Hey Cockapeople!

I'd like you all to meet my 15-month-old boy Disco! He's the most loving, affectionate and playful little puppa!

I'm constantly being told he isn't a cockapoo, though. I'd love to meet other Cockapeople who's Cockapoo doesn't look like what you'd expect.

Disclaimer - I know he is a cockapoo 100%. His mother, Bella, is my mother's dog. She bred her with a red cockapoo and Disco was in a litter of 5 and the other four came out how you'd expect a cockapoo would.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Hi! Our 13 week cockapoo Oliver is in the same boat. He favors the cocker spaniel. I had to research a little bit and found he is an F1b cockapoo. Which means his mom is an F1 cockapoo (half cocker/half poodle) and his dad is a full cocker spaniel. So he really only has 1/4 poodle in him. The groomer says his coat could curl more after his first cut. However, I don't think it will. It's fine, we love him anyway.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hey Cockapeople!

·
Registered
Harvey
15 Posts
Hey Cockapeople!

hi I get asked all the time aswell what he is as he’s not your typical curly Cockapoo
Dog Toy Dog breed Carnivore Pet supply

·
Registered
25 Posts
Hey Cockapeople!

Hiya,

we have a 16 week old Cockapoo and he is pretty much spaniel, we can see a few curls develping on his tail and very curly ears now but people judge our decision making due to his appearance.

He has the energy of a forever lasting rocket but definitely has the loyalty so we don't care what he looks like or should look like.
they are all different and some are so curly they take a lot of maintenance so we are lucky i guess!
Dog Liver Carnivore Companion dog Dog breed

·
Registered
Harvey
15 Posts
What a handsome wee guy we all love our cockapoos regardless of their coats, curls or wavy, makes them more individual and interesting my floof ball has curls underneath and on back of his legs he’s a large wavy ginga ninja whom I love with all my heart ❤

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hi
We also have a 13 week old f2 cockapoo who is very much spaniel!
Shes beautiful and has gained the nickname ‘bolt’ for her speed already!
We are curious if her coat will change, we don’t mind either way as love spaniels.
Does anyone have any photos of a changing coat as their puppy has grown up?
thanks
Dog Tartan Carnivore Plaid Dog breed

·
Registered
Harvey
15 Posts
This is my boy Harvey at 13weeks old when I got him not sure of his parentage as he was a rehome but I’m not fussed what he ends up like he’s my boy🐾🐶❤He is now 10.5 months old and is a lot more curlier but still flat in places x
Dog Carnivore Dog breed Garden hose Grass

1 - 20 of 27 Posts