I Love My Cockapoo Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hi, I’m new to this group I’m due to pick up my F2 girl this weekend I was originally having an f1 but the breeder let me down last minute. I didn’t do any research in to F2 my husband said it would be fine but I didn’t realise they can have the grandad effect and look more like a spaniel or poodle. Her coat still seems flat and until this week her face was very open and didn’t have much fur. I think she has more fur on face now but not sure she’ll get the bearded/teddy bear face? My friend thought she looked more like a spaniel to start but now thinks she has more poodle in her I’ve spoken to the breeder and she says my pup looks like a typical cockapoo but I’m not convinced I know they all look different but the one i was originally having had a slightly different shaped head. Does anyone on here think she looks like a cockapoo? I’ve looked at pics on the internet to try to compare but they all look so different it’s confusing

·
Registered
114 Posts
She looks absolutely gorgeous! I’m no expert but she already looks like she’s got cockapoo face furnishings rather than cocker spaniel. She does look like her coat is on the softer side, but there is definite wave in there. Their coats change a lot at that age. Much depends on how important it is that your dog has a definite poodle look. You mentioned your breeder let you down so I’m assuming that you would have a choice in whether you accept this other pup. Just wondering what the reason was for letting you down. Think carefully about what’s important to you. There’s no doubt she’s gorgeous, but she needs to be right for you too. I’d be more bothered about her being healthy.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
She looks absolutely gorgeous! I’m no expert but she already looks like she’s got cockapoo face furnishings rather than cocker spaniel. She does look like her coat is on the softer side, but there is definite wave in there. Their coats change a lot at that age. Much depends on how important it is that your dog has a definite poodle look. You mentioned your breeder let you down so I’m assuming that you would have a choice in whether you accept this other pup. Just wondering what the reason was for letting you down. Think carefully about what’s important to you. There’s no doubt she’s gorgeous, but she needs to be right for you too. I’d be more bothered about her being healthy.
thank you, yes I think she’s gorgeous too just wasn’t sure if she looks like a Cockapoo. Health check is the end of this week so I’m hoping everything will be good with that. We’ve decided to call her Poppy. Her face looked open about 2 weeks ago then started to look like she was getting furnishings this week. the breeder that let me down isn’t the one we are with now. we were having a red boy Cockapoo and he wasn’t curly but had more wave to his coat and started showing face furnishing from 5 weeks. we went to visit him 3 times then on the day of collection the breeder phoned and asked us to go 2 hours later than planned saying other people were late for their collection slots. When we turned up the house was empty she’d cleared out. There were other people there to collect who had already phoned the police but unfortunately they haven’t found her so she still has our deposit. No chance of getting it back! We were gutted! We fell in love with the pup we were having

·
Registered
114 Posts
What an awful experience for you all! It must have been devastating.
I know you had fallen in love with him, but it looks like you weren’t dealing with a reliable breeder so he may not have been as healthy as you’d like. Maybe Poppy is the pup you were destined to have. Poppy is a lovely name - hope you all have loads of fun

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
What an awful experience for you all! It must have been devastating.
I know you had fallen in love with him, but it looks like you weren’t dealing with a reliable breeder so he may not have been as healthy as you’d like. Maybe Poppy is the pup you were destined to have. Poppy is a lovely name - hope you all have loads of fun
Thanks. We’ve never had a puppy before so excited but also nervous! The children have been counting down the days! I’m probably just being paranoid it will all go wrong after last time. Thanks for responding to my message x

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thank you. My husband wasn’t keen on the name but he’s come round to it. I love the name and so does my daughter. Do you think she looks like a Cockapoo? I’m not sure. Most pictures I’ve looked at seem like they have different shaped heads or maybe that’s just me?

1 - 7 of 7 Posts