I Love My Cockapoo Forums banner
1 - 20 of 40 Posts

·
Administrator
5,020 Posts
one thing you need to watch with the F2 is that in a litter you will more than likly get 1 very poodley pup(tite poodle curls) and one very spanial(smooth face) you breeder should be able to pick out heas pups from a couple of weeks old.

in saying that it has been seen in f1 to get cockapoos that faver one breed more than the other.

·
Registered
8,257 Posts
I have a F2 black cockapoo who actually lives with my parents, so he is their dog now but a massive part of my life, always ... he is a stunning looking cockapoo and yes some F2 litters do have throwbacks and Kendal is correct in saying this can been seen in F1 litters too ...

I personally like F1, F1B and F2, F3, F4 ..... just pick a cockapoo you like the look of and one which has been raised well and you will have a lovely happy puppy :) :)

·
Registered
2,870 Posts
For an F2 you need to know what two types of cockapoos have been crossed. Is it ok to have an American toy cockapoo crossed with an English miniature cockapoo? I don't know but I think this is what our breeder did with her last litter. The litter we bought from were F1B's so only one type of cockapoo and a pedigree poodle involved, although two sizes of poodle in the mix. I would be wary of buying further generations without scrutinising the mixes of all the dogs involved.

·
Registered
1,184 Posts
I think the majority of people on the forum have an F1 purely because they are the most available cross at the moment. Agree with points re health testing but apart from that ....a Cockapoo is a Cockapoo and I certainly wouldn't dismiss the idea of an F2 in the future (though a Greyhound and two Cockapoos are plenty for now!).

Karen xx

G

·

These are my F2 cockapoos home bred they are fabulous judge for your self , but make sure you buy from a reputable person with honest reputation...

URL=http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/809/dscf0289h.jpg/]
[/URL]

·
Registered
47 Posts
Our rosie is an f2 cockapoo. Although shes only 10 weeks old, she certainly does seem to look more like a spaniel at the moment.....ohhh but shes gorgeous and we love her to bits! Compared to our 2 westies, shes more intelligent!

·
Registered
2,870 Posts
Janice - they are adorable! I agree that any type of cockapoo is acceptable. I would happily buy a further generation if the breeding had been carefully done. After all, I have a Cockapoo-poo but he looks like a normal cockapoo! Just make sure the breeder has done their homework on health testing and has carefully matched the dogs in the mix.

·
Registered
3,615 Posts
I would love an F2 next time but the health tests that the breeder carries out will end up being the deciding factor of where my next puppy comes from.

Just as an aside a really lovely lady who lives nearby bought an F1 Cockapoo and he moults and looks completely like a Cocker spaniel. He also happens to be gorgoeus, well behaved and she is thrilled to bits becuase he is a great family dog despite his lack of fluffiness! I have never come across this is an F1 before but she saw the parents aswell!

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 · (Edited)
love your cockapoos

These are my F2 cockapoos home bred they are fabulous judge for your self , but make sure you buy from a reputable person with honest reputation...

URL=http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/809/dscf0289h.jpg/]
[/URL]
They are so cute., thanks for sharing the pictures of them. I have been to meet a breeder she and her family are very nice and her dogs were super , but is nice to find out about cockapoos from all the owners on this club.thanks maddy

·
Registered
161 Posts
I've only ever met F1 cockerpoos. I suppose you will get a bit more variety in F2s but they'll still all be fabulous!

I have an F2 labradoodle, and he is much the same as other generation labradoodles but there was a real mix of coat types in his litter. Although you get a lot more variety in an f1 labradoodle litter than you do with cockerpoos. I know labradoodles of lots of gens who range from a slightly wispy Labrador to a full on poodle coat. Cockerpoos generally seem much more consistent in coat type.

1 - 20 of 40 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.