I Love My Cockapoo Forums banner

f2

10K views 39 replies 14 participants last post by  maddy 
#1 ·
Hi just wanted to ask if anyone of you have an f2 cockerpoo or any reason why not to buy one

#2 ·
one thing you need to watch with the F2 is that in a litter you will more than likly get 1 very poodley pup(tite poodle curls) and one very spanial(smooth face) you breeder should be able to pick out heas pups from a couple of weeks old.

in saying that it has been seen in f1 to get cockapoos that faver one breed more than the other.

#3 ·
I have a F2 black cockapoo who actually lives with my parents, so he is their dog now but a massive part of my life, always ... he is a stunning looking cockapoo and yes some F2 litters do have throwbacks and Kendal is correct in saying this can been seen in F1 litters too ...

I personally like F1, F1B and F2, F3, F4 ..... just pick a cockapoo you like the look of and one which has been raised well and you will have a lovely happy puppy :) :)

#5 ·
For an F2 you need to know what two types of cockapoos have been crossed. Is it ok to have an American toy cockapoo crossed with an English miniature cockapoo? I don't know but I think this is what our breeder did with her last litter. The litter we bought from were F1B's so only one type of cockapoo and a pedigree poodle involved, although two sizes of poodle in the mix. I would be wary of buying further generations without scrutinising the mixes of all the dogs involved.

G
#8 ·

These are my F2 cockapoos home bred they are fabulous judge for your self , but make sure you buy from a reputable person with honest reputation...

URL=http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/809/dscf0289h.jpg/]
[/URL]

#13 ·
Janice - they are adorable! I agree that any type of cockapoo is acceptable. I would happily buy a further generation if the breeding had been carefully done. After all, I have a Cockapoo-poo but he looks like a normal cockapoo! Just make sure the breeder has done their homework on health testing and has carefully matched the dogs in the mix.

#14 ·
I would love an F2 next time but the health tests that the breeder carries out will end up being the deciding factor of where my next puppy comes from.

Just as an aside a really lovely lady who lives nearby bought an F1 Cockapoo and he moults and looks completely like a Cocker spaniel. He also happens to be gorgoeus, well behaved and she is thrilled to bits becuase he is a great family dog despite his lack of fluffiness! I have never come across this is an F1 before but she saw the parents aswell!

#21 ·
My f1 mounts too!

Just as an aside a really lovely lady who lives nearby bought an F1 Cockapoo and he moults and looks completely like a Cocker spaniel. He also happens to be gorgoeus, well behaved and she is thrilled to bits becuase he is a great family dog despite his lack of fluffiness! I have never come across this is an F1 before but she saw the parents aswell!
My Milo is F1 moults and looks very spaniel though recently getting wavy. Doubt he will ever be very fluffy. Can't imagine his face ever changing though it's really handsome cocker spaniel! I think it happens more often than we think! He's wonderful and we adore him!

#18 ·
I've only ever met F1 cockerpoos. I suppose you will get a bit more variety in F2s but they'll still all be fabulous!

I have an F2 labradoodle, and he is much the same as other generation labradoodles but there was a real mix of coat types in his litter. Although you get a lot more variety in an f1 labradoodle litter than you do with cockerpoos. I know labradoodles of lots of gens who range from a slightly wispy Labrador to a full on poodle coat. Cockerpoos generally seem much more consistent in coat type.

#32 ·
Hi maddy,
We have 2 westies, one is 13 years old and the other is 9 years old, we also have 4 cats and 3 hamsters. Rosie has bonded really well with the 2 dogs and also 3 of the cats. Harvey, one of our bengals, is abit of a whoosie, and likes to keep to himself. Rosie does get over excited at times and tries to climb ontop of the cats, but they usually put her in her place!
Is your rabbit kept indoors? Im sure if you gradually introduced your pup to the rabbit, they would Be fine, although i should imagine the pup would want to play lots, and get abit too boistrous, so i would supervise.:)

#28 ·
When brought Bodger home we had bought a puppy play pen from Croft on Line which he settled in straight away. We toileted him frequently and had no problems with him using the garden and at night a puppy pad. We put him to bed at 10.30 p.m. and I came down to him at 7.00 a.m. From the first night we never heard sound from him. He was clean at night first and then dry and by 4 months he has been fully house trained. He has a crate but to be honest we have continued to use the puppy play pen as he is quite happy in that at night although he spends very little time in it in the day, just when we go out. We don't leave him more than an hour or so at present.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.