I Love My Cockapoo Forums banner

1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Administrator
487 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
A simple question. What's your favorite color of cockapoos? Mine would have to be chocolate. (Notice the color of the website. :p ) I might be a bit biased, but I still think chocolate is the best looking color for cockapoos. What do you think?

·
Registered
7 Posts
Charlie's black, but it's not really my favorite color. I have to say that Benny has an awesome color! I saw some of his pictures and he has a great coat. I love the cockapoos that are spotted. :p

·
Administrator
487 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I love Brando's color! I haven't seen too many with that color. Next time we get a cockapoo, I'd definitely look for that color. :D

·
Administrator
5,020 Posts
lol you can see what my gils are. i dont think i have a fave but i do find Gypsy and Echo the best the photograph. inca it is hard to catch her eyes.

·
Administrator
487 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
lol you can see what my gils are. i dont think i have a fave but i do find Gypsy and Echo the best the photograph. inca it is hard to catch her eyes.
I see what you mean. Even though Benny's a lighter color than Inca, it's still hard to make out his eyes in some pictures.

·
Registered
25 Posts
A simple question. What's your favorite color of cockapoos? Mine would have to be chocolate. (Notice the color of the website. :p ) I might be a bit biased, but I still think chocolate is the best looking color for cockapoos. What do you think?
Thank you so much for this helpful information. I contacted a breeder today who said that "chocolate" cockapoos turn really gray as they age. Is this true?

·
Registered
25 Posts
Do the chocolate cockapoos "fade?"

·
Registered
4,009 Posts
Many of them do yes. It is all to do with poodle genetics and lots of poodle colours change as the dogs mature so lots of chocolate pups fade to a much lighter colour.

Sable is another interesting colour - the tips of the hair are darker but what that tends to mean with a poodle cross who will get clipped is all of that darker colour gets cut off.

I think go for a good breeder who health tests and raises the pups well and colour is the least relevant thing

·
Registered
25 Posts
Many of them do yes. It is all to do with poodle genetics and lots of poodle colours change as the dogs mature so lots of chocolate pups fade to a much lighter colour.

Sable is another interesting colour - the tips of the hair are darker but what that tends to mean with a poodle cross who will get clipped is all of that darker colour gets cut off.

I think go for a good breeder who health tests and raises the pups well and colour is the least relevant thing
Thank you so much for this invaluable information. The breeder I have been considering said that she never heard of such a thing and that the Internet is wrong. However when I did my research, I found the same information you have indicated in terms of how poodles genetics can throw color so now I know that it is true. I really love the Sable color too!

1 - 20 of 34 Posts