I Love My Cockapoo Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
158 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi. Just thought I'd let you how Nell has been doing since she joined us.

We got back very very late Saturday night so Nell quickly met her new crate for the night. We have put it in the bedroom at foot of bed. She went wee in garden before then in her crate. She screamed for ages, not surehow long as fell asleep. Woke me up yelling again at 2am, waited till she calmed then took her out for wee and poo. Same again at 5am!

She also has a crate in kitchen so been getting her happy with that during day and have gradually had her in with door closed; 10 mins to start and have built it up now to 45mins.

Toilet training has been good until today. It's rained all day today and Nell is refusing to go. 5am she loved it, pelting about in wet grass and went wee. Been proper raining since- not so much fun.

We stand in the rain till we are soaked but she still won't go. Bring her back in and she tries to go, take her out, soaked again, won't go! Grrrr Can't use umbrella as that puts her off even more and she just sits on my feet.

Only other down is our other dog Jess; majorly put out. Total denial and avoidance for first couple of days. She would not be in the same room and anywhere near us if we smelt of the 'intruder'. However, little by little Jess has
got better. My brother and his dogs visited yesterday and the Collie told Nell off a couple of times. After they left, Jess stood her ground and did the same. Finally. :smile:

We have noticed one particular talent of Nell's (apart from wrapping us round her little claw) and that's her INCREDIBLE ability to climb. Don't know about poodle cross, more like mountain goat cross! :eek:

We have some steep decking steps in garden. Jess was bout 6 months before she could go up them, Nell - day 2!!!! she can climb anything. Also got some big, long gradual steps, no problem, stairs today!

Tiny but Mitie!

Forgotten how much time pups take but we lovin' it so far. :proud::proud:

·
Registered
1,490 Posts
I loved reading that, so glad she's doing so well, here's hoping the rain eases off very soon!!! x

Reactions: gemma27

·
Registered
158 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Sarah

Not long now till You get Max, bet you can't wait! I'm sure he'll love his new home - thinks he's going to be another explosive bundle. :whoo:

·
Registered
2,006 Posts
Great story,Buddy can jump high also and we have an upper and lower level in our hall with two steps and he was up and down them on the second day,mind you he's done two poo's down there today (i also think rain is putting him off!)

·
Registered
9,920 Posts
Oh she is a beautie! and I agree! they are insane climbers, lady has always been climbing and we do joke calling her a mountain goat too!

·
Registered
1,490 Posts
How is she doing now? xx

·
Registered
158 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 · (Edited)
Sarah

This is the third time i've tried to post a reply back to you and each time I get pulled away for something puppy related and my message then times out. She's flat out asleep now. arrr

She has had a big day at my brother's and his dogs. She was a bit unsure and shy at first but ten minutes in, she's cheeking the big dogs and running up to our lurcher and nipping his feet, then pelting off behind the sofa, then back again to do it again.

She has her first puppy class on Tuesday. :eek: All the other pups are much older and probably well behaved. She may be tiny and cute but she's a little minx and we'll probably be banned after the first session! :D

You'll be picking up Mr Max very soon. :jumping::jumping:

He'll love his new home, he's a gorgeous little chap; we are all very lucky!

A couple of more pics.

·
Registered
1,490 Posts
Sarah

This is the third time i've tried to post a reply back to you and each time I get pulled away for something puppy related and my message then times out. She's flat out asleep now. arrr

She has had a big day at my brother's and his dogs. She was a bit unsure and shy at first but ten minutes in, she's cheeking the big dogs and running up to our lurcher and nipping his feet, then pelting off behind the sofa, then back again to do it again.

She has her first puppy class on Tuesday. :eek: All the other pups are much older and probably well behaved. She may be tiny and cute but she's a little minx and we'll probably be banned after the first session! :D

You'll be picking up Mr Max very soon. :jumping::jumping:

He'll love his new home, he's a gorgeous little chap; we are all very lucky!

A couple of more pics.
2 sleeps to go! Ahhhhhhhhhhhh!! I feel like a kid at Christmas, so so excited! We came home today, a day early, as we want to get the house in good order ready for Monday, and Oscar kept waking up at silly tilmes in the tent, so Hubby and I are rather tired and want to hopefully get a couple of decent nights sleep.

Nell sounds uber cute and cheeky, I love hearing about her adventures! Am looking forward to more pictures :D xx

Reactions: gemma27
1 - 10 of 10 Posts