I Love My Cockapoo Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey I’m syana

me and hubby went right before Christmas and bought a cockapoo his name is Kas .He is 7months now we love him but it’s been rough . He at times listen but only to my hubby . My voice is soft and he knows I’m mom he runs to me when in trouble . He’s a cutie and we love hun but we definitely need a little advice . he will eat his his poop , pee pee pad , the fake patch of grass , drink his pee . We leave him in the cage when we leave for work and when we come home hes torn the peepee pad up ate it anddddd laid in his pee.We constantly bathe him because he’s always in his pee or poop . Is this a puppy thing????? We’ve tried to leave him out on a leash and he will do good some days and others he chew threw the leash and broke free messing the house up orrrrrr he’s chewing on the wall corners or scratching the glass window by his bed . . It’s becoming overwhelming at times but we love our puppy we just need a little help .

·
Registered
4,237 Posts
How long is he left? To toilet train pups you need to be there to take them out so they can learn to toilet outside. It sounds like your pup is left too long and is needing to toilet in the crate and sorry but that is very unfair to the pup and not something they will grow out of without someone there to let them out. Likewise leaving a pup tied up is also wrong, they could get caught up on something and seriously hurt :( Do you think your pup is happy having to toilet and lay in it every day until you get home.

You need either daycare, a dog walker or to rearrange your schedules so he can be properly toilet trained. Leaving in a crate all day is also not fair so you need to find a safe area to be able to leave him in with some space to play and move around and leave things to occupy them.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 · (Edited)
he’s only in the cage or on the leash for 4hours max if we have to go into work . He’s toilet trained to pee and poop on his pad when out or on a leash which he does fine . He’s perfectly safe and happy in his play corner plenty of toys and treats while we are gone , he sleeps majority of the time while we are gone we have cameras. We could be home it’s very random I’ll be in the kitchen and he will poop and come lay by me and while I’m doing something I’ll notice he’s to quiet and long behold he’s eating his poop . As far as in the crate we can’t always leave him out he will chew things up time isn’t a issue he will do it even if we leave him for in for a hour . We always let him use the patch of grass or take him out before we go so he’s not holding the urge .

·
Registered
4,237 Posts
I think using pee pads leads to huge confusion for many dogs, I much prefer to get them clean in the house from day one so I would probably go back to absolute basics taking pup outside as soon as they wake up, when they have eaten, when they have been playing and then every hour or so otherwise. Everything outside really praise and reward, anything inside just clean up and ignore - never tell dogs off for toileting in the wrong place as this makes your whole job so much harder,

Before leaving take pup for a decent walk and then let them have a bit of settled time at home before leaving them with something to do like a filled kong. They need to have enough space to be able to move well away from an area if they do need to toilet.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts