I Love My Cockapoo Forums banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well, Sunday was a big day for TWO puppies. Oscar and Myrab's puppy Lola had their first walk in the big wide world on Sunday. Dexie and honourary cockapoo Clara came along to show them the way!!

They behaved brilliantly. Our local park has a fenced in training area and they were stars, followed us around, came when called and ran round in a big group :D:D

After that we let them loose in the rest of the park and they loved it. They met lots of other dogs (had a few cuddles when big scary dogs came along!!) and had a fantastic time. We were very proud of them.

Since then, Oscar has been off the lead in the field and park and we couldn't ask for more.. he even had a little paddle yesterday. :)

·
Registered
3,569 Posts
Well done Oscar and Lola. Such a lovely feeling watching them play free, interact with other dogs and come back when called :D

·
Registered
582 Posts
Well done Oscar and Lola! Sounds like you had a fab time:D We went to the beach yesterday with Oscars sisters Pixie and Buffy...they were amazing,stayed near us all of the time and too had a few cuddles when some Massive dogs came to say hello! Was a truely wonderful day:D Going for a ramble today in the woods so shall see what thats like x Eventually going to post some pics later on.

·
Registered
1,490 Posts
Well done to you all, we still have 10 sleeps until Walkies can happen :(

·
Registered
8,610 Posts
Oh Sarah it seems like your always still counting down sleeps lol... wont be long and Max will have a greta time x

·
Registered
532 Posts
We took Pushca out in a basket first. I was petrified but my friend is very calm and we had a lovely time. Got Pushca used to all the sights and sounds of London after her rambling farm. She just popped her little head over the top and said hello to her new world

Attachments

·
Registered
582 Posts
Ahhh Debi Pushca is so cute,love the basket pic!:) there really are lots of sights and sounds in London,and i bet its hard to get from a to b with such a lovely pup and all those people cooing over her x

·
Registered
33 Posts
hi sarah must be a great exiting and nerves feeling letting oscar and lola of the lead and an even better feeling when they come bouncing back to you... cant wait to have the same feelings when we can take flossy out.

·
Registered
1,650 Posts
hi sarah must be a great exiting and nerves feeling letting oscar and lola of the lead and an even better feeling when they come bouncing back to you... cant wait to have the same feelings when we can take flossy out.
I'm also looking forward to first walks outside ....Bess is the same age as your Flossy and at the moment she thinks the lead is something to bite and wriggle away from! ....she is happy with the collar on tho ....we will persevere!

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Hi Karen
We were lucky having Dexie and Clara for them to follow. When we started letting Dexie off the lead we had done quite a lot of "come" with a reward in the house and garden, then outside we started off by just standing a yards apart and calling her, slowly getting further apart. She never strayed far from us and always came back.

Flossie will be just fine, take it slowly and reap the rewards. Its great seeing other people calling and calling their dogs who have "gone deaf" only for yours to come trotting over :D:D:D

Good luck, let us know how it all goes. Shame you live so far away, else we could meet up at one of the meets.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts