I Love My Cockapoo Forums banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
1,860 Posts
I got one from Pets Corner made by Great & Small. It looks like those necklaces that look like straws and you break them and they light up. Except this has a button you press to turn it on and it just slips over her head. It was only about £5 and is really bright.

x

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks for all the replies.

I am very nervous about letting off the lead in the dark- but it gets dark so early I feel i don't really have a choice and what with Rigby being black he is impossible to see!!

xx

·
Registered
1,860 Posts
Betty doesn't go off lead either but we find the flashing collar most use when she's at my parents and we let her out into the garden for her last toilet trip before bed as we can see where she is!!!

x

·
Registered
4,568 Posts
Thanks for all the replies.

I am very nervous about letting off the lead in the dark- but it gets dark so early I feel i don't really have a choice and what with Rigby being black he is impossible to see!!

xx
Mine is black too and it is very handy having the flasher going to see where he is. We don't walk near roads though!! His collar also is reflective too that helps.
I have even seen a glow in the dark ball.....must get one :)

·
Registered
858 Posts
Ditto Karen - we got ours from Pets At Home too and slip it over her normal one. It's very effective. Although we don't let her off the lead in the dark as we are surrounded by fields and would never catch up with her if she ran off after something.

·
Registered
3,015 Posts
I bump in to a lady with a totally black Alsation every night on our evening walk..if it wasn't for it's red flashing colour you would think she was walking alone...you can't see him at all!!:D
As Betty is white this is one problem I don't have!

·
Registered
3,015 Posts
Colin, I have yet to see Betty remain White on a walk!!!!!:D
Very funny Karen but also very true:D When pictures of the meets get posted
on here Betty always looks a complete wreck... I think I am going to have to
insist on the photo's being taken prior to the walk just to prove she is white sometimes!! ( in fact I wouldn't be surprised if she is the most frequently bathed dog on here:D:D:D)

·
Registered
13 Posts
We have a flashing collar for Abbie which is also luminous green and reflective. The little red LED lights can either flash or stay static. We let her off lead as this collar is so effective and she stays with us anyway. I wouldn't feel the same if we were anywhere near roads though.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.