I Love My Cockapoo Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
720 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Over the last two weekends we have been doing Flyball demonstrations. We were asked to go to show how a dog is introduced to the sport as Poppy has only doing Flyball for a short time.
The first weekend was a two day event and the first day it rained most of the day. Not a lot of visitors so it was decided to use it as a long training session. Over the day Poppy just clicked and was introduced to the more complex parts of the sport. The second day the weather was better and more visitors and Poppy continued to improve and by the end of the day she was ruining as part of a team in fun races.
At the end of the day I was told that we had been moved up to the advanced class for training as Emma thought that the other dogs in the lower class would be holding Poppy back.
So last weekend after one session in the advance class we were running as part of a team doing a demonstration of full on racing, and did realy well ,not perfect but putting in a good show for ourselves.
When we started I though it would take a very long time to get to this standard and Poppy just loves every moment of it.
Two weeks time and we are off to our first competition!!

·
Registered
Obi, Roo & Poppy
4,159 Posts
You must be one proud Daddy! just shows you how smart Cockapoos are. Well done :congrats:

1 - 6 of 6 Posts