I Love My Cockapoo Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, can you help. I have a 1 year old cockapoo who is very fussy eater. She will not eat any type of dried food. No wet meat tins or pedigree pouches. The only food that she will eat is human food, ie, boiled chicken and rice or potatoes or sausages any type. Also, she quite likes minced beef but this goes through her rather quickly........ Please help and any suggestions i would greatly appreciate... x Thankyou :)

·
Registered
573 Posts
Welcome to my world - however Treacle will eat a range called Dogs Deli - from Pets at home - she will not eat any food that is pate style - this range is like tins of chicken & tuna with added vegetables - very similair to applaws range of tins.
I know how hard it is - I have every make of food in my garage - including Natural Instinct - she went off this quite quickly!

·
Administrator
5,020 Posts
how long to you give her before you give in and let her have human food.

is she under or over weight?

how many times a day do you try and feed her.

have you tried the 15 minuet rule, leaving the food down if she doesnt eat it then lift it and she gets nothing till next meal time.

not eating for a couple of days wont kill her. i deliberetly give my girls one day where they dont get a meal. they will probably grs some treats if training but nothing els.

but for your girl i would give her nothing.

my Gypsy was and still can be a very picky eater, however since switching her onto raw meat she has been such a good eater, she sometimes turns her nose up at chicken wings like she did tonight.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.