I Love My Cockapoo Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
548 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
You may remember that Oakley was refusing his Royal Canin dry food a couple of weeks ago & only ate it (begrudgingly) when I added water. Well yesterday I had to open a new bag of said food & he came sniffing around. I still had a handful of the old bag which he turned his nose up at & when I put down the new stuff in it's normal dry state he wolfed it down :eek: :D

It would appear that there were issues with the old bag of food, have no idea what but we are now back to normal with a very excited 'poo at mealtimes :D

So in this case 'poos really do know best........now if I could only teach him to talk & tell me next time so that I can sort it straight away....................!!

·
Registered
3,615 Posts
Brilliant news.

Millie's off her food again. I think I'm going to have to stick with just Beef & Tripe on her NI food. Its the only one she really loves to eat.
Julie, have you tried the rawtogo tripe mixes? I am about to do an order so if you would like me to add a couple of flavours for you I can bring some to Ashridge for you to try? They are only 65p (ish) per lb. Just let me know :) It makes sense to add it to my order to save on the postage. x

·
Registered
4,568 Posts
Hi Maria I am glad to hear that Oakley has decided to start eating again! :)
Just a thought but how do you store the food, in an airtight container or just in the bag? Food left in the bag loses its moisture and I guess becomes less tasty too? Perhaps he likes the new bag because it is fresh? Obviously this may not be the case if you already store his food in a tub but thought it was worth mentioning.

·
Registered
548 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Hi Maria I am glad to hear that Oakley has decided to start eating again! :)
Just a thought but how do you store the food, in an airtight container or just in the bag? Food left in the bag loses its moisture and I guess becomes less tasty too? Perhaps he likes the new bag because it is fresh? Obviously this may not be the case if you already store his food in a tub but thought it was worth mentioning.
Thanks Karen, some of it was stored in a container but the rest was in the bag with a klippit sealing it tight but perhaps not tight enough. We've gone back to a smaller bag this time but will invest in a larger food tub for the future!!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.