I Love My Cockapoo Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Recommendations wanted for what's best to feed CP pups please.

Tilly is almost 10 weeks old and is currently on a plain diet (chicken and rice) following a terrible tummy caused by the food (Pedigree Chum!!) given to her by her 'breeder'. Once she is given the all clear to come off her plain diet we're looking to move her onto an alternative to the Chum. What would you recommend? Dry or wet? Any particular brands which work for your CP's? She is tiny and obviously has a sensitive tummy, but other than that she's a happy, healthy CP.

All suggestions would be very welcome.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Hi, where did you get Tilly from. We got Millie on Saturday who is nearly 10 weeks on the same food as yours had. She too had terrible D&V and ended up at the vets multiple times in the last few days although (fingers crossed) she appears much brighter now. She?s currently on the hills Id wet food (the plain one for sensitive tummies) but hopefully we?re looking at taking her off this at some point!

·
Registered
17 Posts
How awful to hear!! Hope both pups are on the mend and feeling better :)

Cooper came home with a brand called NatureDiet and while skeptical at first, I've actually been really impressed with it

It's wet food with a high percent of protein, with actual ingredients like carrot, sweet potato, etc (you can actually see them in there)

When we brought him home, we were ready for the inevitable upset tummy due to change in circumstances, stress, etc but that didn't happen - and we haven't had it once in the 8 weeks we've had him!

We've recently transitioned Coop onto the dry food NatureDiet do and no change, he still gulps it down in 30 seconds flat and is perfectly happy

Obviously it is different for every pup but I'm happy with Coop on this brand :)

·
Registered
240 Posts
Lucky has done very well on Orijen puppy food. Put on consistent weight, lean and strong. Plenty energy for good exercise but isn’t hyper (low carbs). Very happy with Orijen.

Although he will eat anything, even horse poo 🙁

1 - 4 of 4 Posts