I Love My Cockapoo Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Having been a Mum to three chocolate labradors who eat anything put in front of them, and sometimes when it's not, I find it difficult when my cockerpoo - 11month old girl - turns her nose up at the different kibble we have tried. She will eat treats, cheese when training, etc. but after a few weeks on one range seems to go off it. Our breeder started her on Arden Grange, which we carried on with until she stopped eating it at all. We moved over to Hills Vets Essentials dental health which we dampen with a little warm water and a little parmasan cheese!!! the only way she will eat this now is if we throw the kibble onto the floor and turn it into a competition with my labradors - they tend to beat her to it though. So I'm thinking of moving over to wet food - Lily's kitchen perhaps. Does anyone have any advice please?

·
Registered
31 Posts
I had a nightmare with Skyla eating and had very much the same issue as you! I went through packs of kibble all ended up donated to the local rescue home after a few days.

I was recommended Butternut box by my breeder... it's amazing I have to say its a wet food & all natural and totally fresh. Comes freshly frozen and u keep in the freezer and defrost as u need... u can keep in the fridge for 7 days so u usually have 2 in the fridge and replace as I use.
I know this may sound strange but also give the nicest poops! Not too wet or hard and hardly smells ! You can have 5 options lamb, beef, Turkey, chicken & fish (madam doesn't like the fish!) I would reccomend to anyone.

Should you wish to give it a try they do a 14 day starter pack.. delivery is free within 2 days, they do a referral offer of 50% off which works out at around £13 for 14 meals (I must say 1 pack lasts us 1&1/2 days so we get 3 weeks out of it for £13 its amazing)

Feel free to use my code Tanya105 for the 50% off of you want to try it..
The bonus then if u like it... you can refer a friend and get 50% off yourself for your next order which makes it such good value.
I'm not recommending for the discount for me so u dont have to use the code... just that it would help keep the cost down for u for you trial

Website...

Hope you manage to find a solution as I know how frustrating and hard it is... Tx

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I had a nightmare with Skyla eating and had very much the same issue as you! I went through packs of kibble all ended up donated to the local rescue home after a few days.

I was recommended Butternut box by my breeder... it's amazing I have to say its a wet food & all natural and totally fresh. Comes freshly frozen and u keep in the freezer and defrost as u need... u can keep in the fridge for 7 days so u usually have 2 in the fridge and replace as I use.
I know this may sound strange but also give the nicest poops! Not too wet or hard and hardly smells ! You can have 5 options lamb, beef, Turkey, chicken & fish (madam doesn't like the fish!) I would reccomend to anyone.

Should you wish to give it a try they do a 14 day starter pack.. delivery is free within 2 days, they do a referral offer of 50% off which works out at around £13 for 14 meals (I must say 1 pack lasts us 1&1/2 days so we get 3 weeks out of it for £13 its amazing)

Feel free to use my code Tanya105 for the 50% off of you want to try it..
The bonus then if u like it... you can refer a friend and get 50% off yourself for your next order which makes it such good value.
I'm not recommending for the discount for me so u dont have to use the code... just that it would help keep the cost down for u for you trial

Website...

Hope you manage to find a solution as I know how frustrating and hard it is... Tx
thank you so much for taking the time to reply and for your reassuring comments! There are some days when I think we’ve cracked it and then she’s goes off it. She was spayed yesterday so gave her rice and chicken for tea as I did with my other dogs on those days. She didn’t like the rice but loved the chicken ... I will definitely give this food a try, especially as you can try a starter pack. Thank you so much!

·
Registered
44 Posts
We had the same issue as you with our dog who is now 15months. We eventually moved on to wet food. I tried Lily's Kitchen as you mentioned but I think it was too rich for him and he kept getting runny poos on and off. I now feed him Butchers Tripe loaf every day and have no issues at all. He always eats it, has nice poos and a lovely shiny coat. Personally I don't think dogs need all the added herbs and plant extracts that a lot of expensive dog food includes. Wet food smells more appealing to them and is easier to digest. I can buy Butchers in Pets at Home and most supermarkets. It's grain free, British meat and 100% recyclable packaging.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
We had the same issue as you with our dog who is now 15months. We eventually moved on to wet food. I tried Lily's Kitchen as you mentioned but I think it was too rich for him and he kept getting runny poos on and off. I now feed him Butchers Tripe loaf every day and have no issues at all. He always eats it, has nice poos and a lovely shiny coat. Personally I don't think dogs need all the added herbs and plant extracts that a lot of expensive dog food includes. Wet food smells more appealing to them and is easier to digest. I can buy Butchers in Pets at Home and most supermarkets. It's grain free, British meat and 100% recyclable packaging.
Thank you so much for taking the time to offer your help and advice - it's most appreciated! I am definitely moving over to wet food as it's a waste of money trying all this kibble which I've had to buy in big bags and then donate it on...so once again many thanks!

·
Registered
31 Posts
thank you so much for taking the time to reply and for your reassuring comments! There are some days when I think we’ve cracked it and then she’s goes off it. She was spayed yesterday so gave her rice and chicken for tea as I did with my other dogs on those days. She didn’t like the rice but loved the chicken ... I will definitely give this food a try, especially as you can try a starter pack. Thank you so much! View attachment 130766
You're welcome. Oh my she is stunning! What a beautiful little lady!
Oh bless her hope she is ok after her op.
Hope you crack it xx

1 - 7 of 7 Posts