I Love My Cockapoo Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

· Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 6 month old Cockapoo; we are feeding her on CSJ as her breeder had been. Albeight we are happy with the product sometimes she refuses to eat and can on occasions become a little constipated, could anyone recommend an alternative?

Thanks

· Registered
3,583 Posts
Millie was struggling to eat the food that her breeder gave us, Royal Canine. So we swapped to Science Plan at the recommendation of the vet. She struggled on that too after a few weeks, ie nibbling at it, hardly eating, ignoring it completely. Then swapped to Arden Grange, again after a few weeks is obviously was not happy. I decided that kibble food was not for her.

After a lot of research and plenty of reading material on here I read about the BARF diet. Bones & Raw Feeding. I liked the idea of it, going back to nature, give the dog a bone type eating, but didn't feel I could do it completely from scratch. Then Natural Instinct was suggested, which is raw feeding again, but a complete meal. Ground up meat, bones, veg & salmon oil - it looks like minced beef.

Millie thoroughly enjoyed it and has remained on it ever since. Started on her at 5 months. I know many who have introduced puppies to it straight from the breeder.

www.naturalinstinct.co.uk

They are very informative and helpful.

:)

· Registered
242 Posts
if you can't face raw I put some boiling water on the dry food and mix a tiny bit of puppy meat in and my 3 month old eats it all.some dogs like their food warm, its worth a try.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.