I Love My Cockapoo Forums banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello,
I'm new to this ... I have a 2 year old cockapoo who came froma puppy mill. He was a little over weight when i got him could not walk up or down stairs and didnt reconize when i was speaking to him. He was a year old and spent his whole life in a cage. I do not have any information about his parents, however he is black but he has a brown tinge to his fur. So my question is is this normal? could it be his food maybe ?? Any suggestions would be great
Thanks
Britt

·
Registered
4,427 Posts
Lots of black dogs get a brown tinge to the older fur in a similar way to people getting bleached hair in the sun. Not a cockapoo but my old collie cross used to get this and it was usually my cue to give him a good groom and get rid of the older dead coat.

G

·
Hi, Ollie is just over one & he has a brown tinge, especially round his mouth. In strong sunlight he looks brown all over!

G

·
Wow, Ollie is just tinged, your photo looks like it is right through to the root, reminds me of JoJo's Picnic. How lovely xx😊

G

·
it is to the root but u can only see it under light or in the sun ! otherwise she appears solid black, im not sure how her coat will develop as she grows the pic attached is how she looks normally x
That will be interesting to see how she develops, lovely cockapoo 😊

1 - 12 of 12 Posts